• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos Trade Value?

If he didn't get hurt so often, I wouldn't mind seeing the M's trade a pitching prospect for him.  Maybe Paxton or something.  

We already have a great defensive outfielder made of glass, though.  

didn't get hurt so often?????  He got beaned on the wrist and broke it.  You make it sound like he has had one surgery after another!

If he didn't get hurt so often, I wouldn't mind seeing the M's trade a pitching prospect for him.  Maybe Paxton or something.  

We already have a great defensive outfielder made of glass, though.  

Franklyn Gutierrez?

What's crazy is that he started off being durable in 2009 and 2010 for the M's (over 300 games), and then fell off the face of the earth with only some 175 games the past 3 years. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Trade him.  He's wasted in a 4th OFer role and we need help in the pen.  And no, we should not be spending big money on relievers, it's stupid.  

spending money on relievers is stupid when you have some solid untested arms in your farm system.  It also doesn't make sense to replace a pen guy who's had a down year with a guy that just had a good one.  The degree of upgrade needs to be accounted for in this situation. 

I agree with the addage that spending a lot on relievers is stupid, but that comes with a caveat.  You have to have talent somewhere that is capable of providing quality major league innings.  I've got no problem leaving a spot open for someone to step up and take it.  Let kohn, jep, gutierrez, boshers, morin, maronde, coello, rasmus and whoever else fight for it.  If three other spots are taken by Burnett, Frieri and DDLR as well as the long man spot to Williams or maybe Hanson, that leaves two spots to fill. 

the problem is that they need starters and relievers and if you get a Vargas type for 12mil per and trade for another guy or get Tanaka then your resources are pretty slim.  In my mind however, upgrades from the above mentioned guys will be significant for two new guys that will run about 8mil per total.  At the very least, I'd like to seem them add at least one guy via FA. 

spending money on relievers is stupid when you have some solid untested arms in your farm system.  It also doesn't make sense to replace a pen guy who's had a down year with a guy that just had a good one.  The degree of upgrade needs to be accounted for in this situation. 

I agree with the addage that spending a lot on relievers is stupid, but that comes with a caveat.  You have to have talent somewhere that is capable of providing quality major league innings.  I've got no problem leaving a spot open for someone to step up and take it.  Let kohn, jep, gutierrez, boshers, morin, maronde, coello, rasmus and whoever else fight for it.  If three other spots are taken by Burnett, Frieri and DDLR as well as the long man spot to Williams or maybe Hanson, that leaves two spots to fill. 

the problem is that they need starters and relievers and if you get a Vargas type for 12mil per and trade for another guy or get Tanaka then your resources are pretty slim.  In my mind however, upgrades from the above mentioned guys will be significant for two new guys that will run about 8mil per total.  At the very least, I'd like to seem them add at least one guy via FA. 

If they can add a guy like Nathan then ya, I'd be good with that, but with our payroll concerns I doubt we do it.   We need to spend what money there is on the rotation.  

He's also had hamstring issues.

and hip issues, etc etc.   bottomline, he can't stay on the field.  And once he loses his speed, he will lose just about all of his effectiveness as a player.   He is not a great baseball player, he is a great athlete.

Honestly, he should have been traded 2 years ago.   he would have netted us some really great prospects back then

He has good defense and speed, but can't stay on the field. I'm sure many teams have the type.in the minors. I wouldn't trade for what he can do since he hasn't done it.

The can't stay in the field argument is silly.  Last year was the only year he was injured.  You guys turn on players way too quickly.  It will be funny once Trout or Calhoun has issues and how many of you will argue that they need to be dumped.

The Twins got Alex Meyer in return for Denard Span. Maybe we can get a similar deal for Bourjos. 

Denard Span has a higher batting average, slugging percentage, AND on-base percentage in his career. He also has a longer track record. You're not going to get the same deal that the Twinkies got for Span.

and hip issues, etc etc.   bottomline, he can't stay on the field.  And once he loses his speed, he will lose just about all of his effectiveness as a player.   He is not a great baseball player, he is a great athlete.

Honestly, he should have been traded 2 years ago.   he would have netted us some really great prospects back then

The hip issue never kept him out of the lineup.

how do you figure that?   bourjos has contributed very little to this team the past 2 seasons.   I'm pretty sure trading him for a prospect or two would make the team better now and in the future.   It would open up playing time for calhoun as well

Well obviously we'd have to see what we end up getting but I don't think we can expect that much, and certainly not as much as Bourjos could provide himself if he can stay in the lineup every day.

PB has pop? On what planet? 24 HRs in 1100+ PA

Not sure if this means a lot but Peter's career Isolated Power is just shy of Andrea Eithier's mark from this season, and higher than what Austin Jackson and Jacoby Ellsbury put up this year. If you want to avoid center field it's about the same as Many Machado, Eric Hosmer and Howie Kendrick. 

Ian kinsler, Jean Segura, Victor Martinez, Ben Zobrist, and Billy Butler are also included on the list of players who failed to match Bourjos' career ISO in 2013.