• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California = 6 of top 7 least affordable cities to live in

I don't mind paying for perfect weather. Everyone who lives in San Diego is either from the Midwest or the east coast. They left for a reason. Shoot, I left NorCal cause I was too cold.

I'm sure living here costs a family an extra $750K-$1 Million over a lifetime.  It's an awfully hefty price to pay. 

It isn't all great in So Cal.  Even in the posh OC and LA suburbs crime is much higher than other parts of the country.  Schools are total shit still, even in most of those areas.  Big reason has to do with how poorly CA manages education.

Also the heat really sucks.  San Diego is nice now but in 20 years when it is owned by drug cartels it wont be.

Anyway, in Arcadia that house that Adam posted would have been closer to 1 million.  Here I have 1800 sqft and an acre worth 250k instead of millions.

Not when you realize how much harder you have to work to pay for it. 

I don't want to be enslaved to a $3000/mo mortgage for thirty years.  There's a lot of places in this country where you can buy a brand new 3 bd/2ba house for $100K-$150K. 

But you when you buy a house for 100-150K you have to live in the city where the house is located.

I'm with you. I wouldn't be a slave to a crappy job I hate to live here. But, all things being equal, if I make $X, am happy doing X and I can live anywhere on $X, I'll choose South OC 100 out of 100 times

Edited by Adam

Laguna Niguel would be ideal, but we're looking in Laguna Hills, Mission Viejo and Aliso. Aliso would be a long shot though. There aren't a lot of houses. Mostly town homes and condos.

I think prices are going to come down a tad through the winter months.

Good timing. House shopping starting next month.

Here's what I can get in a place like Austin, TX - http://www.trulia.com/property/3128105576-Rocky-Creek-Community-Rocky-Creek-8912-Ambrosia-Dr-Austin-TX-78738

Here's what I'll end up getting in Mission Viejo - http://www.trulia.com/property/33331828-22542-Via-Santiago-Mission-Viejo-CA-92691

With the bottom one you get access to the Mission Viejo Lake though, so it's all evened out. 

Laguna Niguel would be ideal, but we're looking in Laguna Hills, Mission Viejo and Aliso. Aliso would be a long shot though. There aren't a lot of houses. Mostly town homes and condos.

I think prices are going to come down a tad through the winter months.

I agree on prices coming down throughout winter...any family looking to move into the area wanted to be in by time school started.

Not when you realize how much harder you have to work to pay for it. 

I don't want to be enslaved to a $3000/mo mortgage for thirty years.  There's a lot of places in this country where you can buy a brand new 3 bd/2ba house for $100K-$150K.

Ok, I'll go work lazily instead and move

that's the thing, higher costs of living generally have a higher income economy....hence why prices are higher in various areas.

if someone can afford it and be comfortable and happy, so be it.

I think that's the whole issue for me.  Life seems comfortable here until you travel out of state and realize how bad you have it by comparison.  Most of my friends and relatives elsewhere have their mortgages paid off by age 40 and their wives are able to stay home with the kids. 

They also don't have a one-hour commute each direction. 

I think that's the whole issue for me. Life seems comfortable here until you travel out of state and realize how bad you have it by comparison. Most of my friends and relatives elsewhere have their mortgages paid off by age 40 and their wives are able to stay home with the kids.

How bad I have it???

I go almost anywhere else in this country and realize how GREAT I have ir.

The fact that the weather is nice nearly year round starts and ends this conversation.

I think that's the whole issue for me. Life seems comfortable here until you travel out of state and realize how bad you have it by comparison. Most of my friends and relatives elsewhere have their mortgages paid off by age 40 and their wives are able to stay home with the kids.

depends what you value.

I go to kc often and like it more out there than here based on family value and quality of life and importance of lifestyle opposed to our pretentious nature and traffic out here.

you can have a good life anywhere.