• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Social media Peyt's Mom peeves

The subheading was "so true"

Shit like this drives me crazy.  That and the person that constantly shares posts from conspiracy theory or "don't trust this guy he rapes kids and dogs" type shit that are total hoaxes.

I don't get it, if something I follow posts a hoax they immediately lose credibility and I stop "liking" them.

Hang onto your hats:

Said goodbye to our nanny today after almost 10 years. Hardest conversation and glad it's over. Hoping it was the right decision. Feeling bad but looking forward to much needed change for our family. I need a drink!!!

Then, later on that weekend:

Life is hard right now. Hopeful things turn around for us. We have had a difficult weekend. Prayers and good thoughts welcome.

The nanny is out of a job... But thoughts and prayers for the family who fired them!!

Of course, the ditzbag chick friends chime in:

*Prayers for you and your family.

*Sometimes the most difficult times bring great change and opportunity. Wishing you all the best. Hug those kids tight! Here if you need anything.

*I know a thing or two about tough times... try to remember that loss and challenge is just as much of an important lesson for family & kids as the great times..... it teaches them to endure and move forward and it also teaches them to really treasure the joyful moments. Real life is not always a bowl of cherries !!

and my favorite:

You and your family can overcome anything!!

To give you an idea of how diverse the terrain and ecosystems are in Ecuador... I took a 4 hour bus ride 🚎 from my town located at the foothills of the western Andes mountains about 85 degrees F to Cuenca in the mountains ❄which was about 50! I've returned and am back in shorts!

Ummm, yeah. I can do exactly the same thing in California (winter time of course).

This girl gave up on her profession, and ran off and joined the peace corps. A big bag of rocks could score higher than her on an IQ test.

You know the people on your friends' lists -- the drama queen types who delete and reactivate their Facebook pages every month or two? 

Are they like the people on mine, where nearly all of them suffer from some form of mental illness, i.e. bipolar depression?  I never know how to react in these situations, if I ought to be calling them on the phone or letting them be. 

From my facebook:  Ferguson unrest caused by sexual repression.  I shit you not.

I bolded the key parts

• This pretty frigging depressing.

•  
    Keep it coming. We need to change this, and we can only change what we collectively acknowledge.

•  
     As yet I have seen no comment on the need for white male police officers to control Black males, especially younger ones because of their burgeoning sexuality. White males, it seems, are threatened by the sexuality of younger men, especially younger Black men. The myth that Black men are naturally more virile persists. Police forces should be 50% female for that reason. Women are far better at diffusing tense situations than men because they do not feel the need for a bull-elephant confrontation. No male police officer, however, would want to admit that and most take part in harassing females on the force. When we talk about having a police force that "looks like the community" that should include gender, too.

•  
    It is far more productive to challenge people to think about issues that have real meaning in our world than it is to ask friends to take silly tests about which cartoon character they most resemble. No apology is necessary Stan.

•  
     I never thought of it quite like that.

•  
    I was thinking about what Carla said and it makes sense. Having just read To Kill and Mocking Bird it reminds me that at a time the worst and most dangerous thing a black man could do is have sex with a white woman or appear to have had sex. The root of the double standard promiscuous men are masculine and promiscuous women are sluts is a fear that women will be able to own their own sexuality or compare partners.

•  
     so hmmmmmmmm, I say.

•  
    Carla's last sentence is spot on.

•  
     Frightening information. Looks like law enforcement thinks more guns and power will solve the age old discrimination problems. Hate thy neighbor seems to be here to stay.

•  
     The police just killed a 23 year old black man who was wielding a knife and yelling to kill him. With the world watching they still can't find a way to subdue without lethal force.

Edited by yk9001

a friend of mine from high school, now in her mid-50s, just sent her two 9th graders off to boarding school, something she herself experienced at the same time at the same age. by her reactions, you'd think she just them off to boot camp at Parris Island.

Hang onto your hats:

Said goodbye to our nanny today after almost 10 years. Hardest conversation and glad it's over. Hoping it was the right decision. Feeling bad but looking forward to much needed change for our family. I need a drink!!!

Then, later on that weekend:

Life is hard right now. Hopeful things turn around for us. We have had a difficult weekend. Prayers and good thoughts welcome.

The nanny is out of a job... But thoughts and prayers for the family who fired them!!

Of course, the ditzbag chick friends chime in:

*Prayers for you and your family.

*Sometimes the most difficult times bring great change and opportunity. Wishing you all the best. Hug those kids tight! Here if you need anything.

*I know a thing or two about tough times... try to remember that loss and challenge is just as much of an important lesson for family & kids as the great times..... it teaches them to endure and move forward and it also teaches them to really treasure the joyful moments. Real life is not always a bowl of cherries !!

and my favorite:

You and your family can overcome anything!!

lol

First world problems to the max.

These are the kind of psycho women I have on my wall:  "Sooo...taco bell doesnt make their taco salad any more????? Wtf???"

I'll admit, I posted something similar on Facebook when Jack in the Box discontinued the mini sirloin burgers.

a friend of mine from high school, now in her mid-50s, just sent her two 9th graders off to boarding school, something she herself experienced at the same time at the same age. by her reactions, you'd think she just them off to boot camp at Parris Island.

Boarding school is still a thing?

Again with the earthquake "Is everyone OK??" nonsense.

If you were truly concerned about the person you are asking, you would call them. Or text a quick "sup?".

Reaching out through social media seems so fake to me. Neurotic older ladies trying to maintain some semblance of connection to friends and family they hardly see or hear from.