• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Social media Peyt's Mom peeves

Again with the earthquake "Is everyone OK??" nonsense.

If you were truly concerned about the person you are asking, you would call them. Or text a quick "sup?".

Reaching out through social media seems so fake to me. Neurotic older ladies trying to maintain some semblance of connection to friends and family they hardly see or hear from.

I don't get the big deal.  Facebook is an excellent form of communication.  If you know a lot of people in the bay area it makes sense to ask.  Especially if you are not close to all of them and don't have their number but are still concerned.

I should clarify.

The posts aren't directed to nor cal peeps in general. It's like my fb friend's aunt posts on my fb friend's wall, and it shows up on my feed.

The fake concern irritates me. What if this was the case:

"Oh my goodness me! Everything ok? Saw there was an earthshake!"

"AUNT JILLIAN!! HOLY SHIT, THANK F*CKING GOD YOU FACEBOOKED ME! MY HOUSE WAS DESTROYED AND TIMMY IS TRAPPED IN THE RUBBLE! PLEASE SEND HELP!!!"

"Oh that's terrible! Thoughts and prayers!!!"

Get real, random relative. You're not in a position to help, and if there actually was cause for immediate concern, I'm not bothering to check my facebook feed for well wishes.

I don't get the big deal.  Facebook is an excellent form of communication.  If you know a lot of people in the bay area it makes sense to ask.  Especially if you are not close to all of them and don't have their number but are still concerned.

One of the questions I got tonight was from a friend in Japan who was wondering what I had heard from my friends in northern California. Didn't seen unreasonable to me.

So, YK.  What exactly should people use Facebook for?  Maybe you could detail the rules for all of us to understand.

Interesting stuff.  INTERESTING.

It isn't that hard of a concept.  If you are visiting some unusual place?  Please post pics.  If your kid is in the league finals for his high school wrestling team, I want to hear about it.  Some silly thing you see and you want to take a pic?  Awesome.  Kid got a new job?  Please do tell.  Your first 10k or Mud Run?  Fantastic.  Storm ruin your back yard?  Heck ya, post it.  You and your spouse celebrating your 10th anniversary?  Mozel tov, please post.  Graduating from high school or college?  Great.

One woman on my fb is a fantastic story teller, funny as hell.  Her everyday life comes alive with her hilarious storytelling.  I can't get enough.

I don't want to see your kids every frigging day.  I don't need to see their first day of school, Halloween party, Thanksgiving party, Christmas play, Valentines Day pics, then graduation pics "Can you believe the school year is over?  It went so fast!"

Don't post pics from every frigging happy hour you've been to.  Don't check in to every movie you see.  Your half eaten meal.  Another frigging picture of your kid.  Those horrible legs and feet of yours at the pool/beach.  One serial offender yesterday posted a pic of her kid AT THE DERMATOLOGISTS OFFICE.  The poor teenager wanted to die by the look of the pic.

Keep it *INTERESTING*

I see nothing wrong with that^

I agree.  Regardless of age, "I just high fived Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, Eddie Lacy, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson and all the other Packers" hits my criteria of 'interesting'.

There are a lot more middle agers here who practically (or may in fact, do) have sexual fantasies over 20-something Angels players.

My daughter starts second grade on Tuesday.  I will be posting something about it on Facebook and it will likely include some sort of statement like "I can't believe she is already in second grade."

Yeah, I absolutely love Glen's comments.  The pages he finds are gold.  "Young conservative blondes" or whatever.  I always know when he is bored at work.

"My son just went number two on the toilet for the first time by himself! Still doesn't have the wiping part figured out yet, but hey, 'He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.'"

Gotta love someone who quotes Nietzsche when posting about their kid's potty training. 

My daughter starts second grade on Tuesday.  I will be posting something about it on Facebook and it will likely include some sort of statement like "I can't believe she is already in second grade."

Yeah, I absolutely love Glen's comments.  The pages he finds are gold.  "Young conservative blondes" or whatever.  I always know when he is bored at work.

He works for the government, so...

"My son just went number two on the toilet for the first time by himself! Still doesn't have the wiping part figured out yet, but hey, 'He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.'"

Gotta love someone who quotes Nietzsche when posting about their kid's potty training. 

He who learns to wipe must first learn to shit.