• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Documentary??

NachoPop

Have only been an Angel fan since 2008 so am not very knowledgable about the team prior (im an Aussie so not a whole lot of regular exposure). Anybody know of any sort of Doco or similar on the club and its history? Thought i read about something around the whole 50 year celebrations but didnt have any luck. Thanks.

+1 for Under the Halo

Yep, plus there's this....

UndertheHaloBook.jpg

The Angels approached AngelsWin.com founder Chuck Richter in the fall of 2010 with interest in using their Top 50 Greatest Moments in Angels Baseball for a historic book at which that time had no name. Chuck Richter agreed and worked with the Angels project manager for the book Doug Ward and AngelsWin.com's own Geoff Bilau who was the senior editor on the Top 50 Greatest Moments feature, making sure all of our write ups were worthy of being used in a published book.

A year and a half later, the book is published, available to be purchased and AngelsWin.com writers get to see their names listed in this historic book for a lifetime and many generations ahead. 

A BIG THANK YOU goes out to Tim Mead, Doug Ward and the entire Angels organization for recognizing our work and including it in the Angels' first ever published history book by the Los Angeles Angels and its contributors.

Below are some details of the book 'Under the Halo' from Amazon.com. You you can purchase the book for the current price of $31.95 here.

Generations of Angel fans can relive their favorite team moments in Under the Halo: The Official History of Angels Baseball. From the team’s inaugural season in 1961 under the ownership of film legend Gene Autry, Under the Halo traces the memorable moments, personalities, and accomplishments of this remarkable franchise.

Through first-person accounts by Angels past and present, Under the Halo brings the reader into the dugout with an all-star roster, including: Garret Anderson, Bert Blyleven, Rod Carew, Dean Chance, Doug DeCinces, Brian Downing, David Eckstein, Chuck Finley, Troy Glaus, Vladimir Guerrero, Wally Joyner, Albie Pearson, Troy Percival, Nolan Ryan, Frank Tanana, and many, many more!

With more than 300 images, a vintage scorecard and program guide reproductions and a removable timeline of the Angels recent success, Under the Halo is a grand slam for Angel fans and baseball historians alike!

---

If you haven't yet, see why the Angels hit up the internet home for Angels fans and check out our Top 50 Greatest Moments in Angels Baseball online here.

there was a video series shown on fox sports west during the 50th anniversary season. not sure where you'd get it, but it was very good at going through the team's history.

if you can find it, post it here as others might want to get it, too.

Ill order Under the Halo tonight. Anybody seen this DVD:

Angels Memories: The Greatest Moments in Angels Baseball History?

Yes. I got it for christmas a few years back. Very much worth the money (that's not saying much, its pretty cheap).

But yeah, I was very impressed. It was a lot better than I expected. I was expecting just sort of a cheap higjlight real, bit it was pretty in depth and was cool to see a lot of pre world series stuff (for us older guys).

Yes. I got it for christmas a few years back. Very much worth the money (that's not saying much, its pretty cheap).

But yeah, I was very impressed. It was a lot better than I expected. I was expecting just sort of a cheap higjlight real, bit it was pretty in depth and was cool to see a lot of pre world series stuff (for us older guys).

Thanks man. Ill order that as well then.