• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nice blog post by Victor Rojas

T.G.

Interesting article of this past season. The article further down he page with blurt was great! I was vocal in my support for blurt to be voted into HOF. 283 wins m62 shut outs. Next project for me to get elected to BBWAA HOF would have to a winner of 265 games pitched in World Series for the Yankees and dodgers. He even has a surgery named afterhim. Tommy John has the most wins of anyone not in the HOF

Pitcher Wins?

C'mon, you are better than that.

interesting observations from a guy 'who's there' and sees it pitch by pitch.

Victor Rojas seems like a genuine good guy on the broadcasts and that was confirmed by those at his year's spring training Angels.com fanfest  who got to meet him and hear his pre-season observations.......he seems open and honest.........he's the Angels broadcaster but is no 'homer' with respect to his call of the game.

It's been a difficult couple of years for the Halos........Rojas breaks out some of it in his blog -- the thing that really plagued us this year and last (not going to say 'injuries' - that's just an excuse) is that 1-0/ 2-0 count when relievers come in (usually with guys on base)......that's a killer.........it means the hitter gets the advantage and gets his pitch to hit more than 50% of the time when the pitcher falls behind like that.........so the pen is a problem and the Halos need to spend some money (more money than they would like) to get some quality middle inning pen guys / pre-set up guys and a set up guy........it's the only way to make up for a mediocre rotation at spots 3 through 5. You've got to shorten the games and then have quality pen help when you do so.

I like the first to third stat...........that's a positive.

and, YES - we need to go at least 12-6 against Houston if not better to be in the AL West race.

I've been over and over this, but Oakland was something like 15-3 vs. Houston and Texas was 16-2 or something ridiculous while we were 7-11 or something......

that's a 8/9 game deficit to key division rivals right there.

as for Rojas' comment about August 23 and 'something switched/ clicked' whatever.

An argument can also be made that August 23rd (if not a least a week to 10 days sooner) is when the Angels truly began to play meaningless games, all pressure off and early Spring Training for 2014 had begun..........