• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WBC Games / News - 3/12

Games:

2nd Round, Pool 1 - Tokyo

Final

Netherlands (2-2) - 6

Japan (3-0) - 10

W: Otonari (1-0, 3.00 ERA) L: Bergman (0-1, 37.80 ERA)

HR: NED - Simmons (2) JPN - Abe 2 (2)

Box Score

2nd Round, Pool 2 - Miami

1:00 PM (ET)

Italy (0-0)

Dominican Republic (0-0)

Probables: ITA - Da Silva (0-0, -.--) DOM - Volquez (0-0, -.--)

Game Preview

2nd Round, Pool 2 - Miami

8:00 PM (ET)

Puerto Rico (0-0)

USA (0-0)

Probables: PUR - Santiago, M (0-0, -.--) USA - Gonzalez, G (0-0, -.--)

Game Preview

News:

Record number of fans attend Calssic's first round

US faces new challenges in Miami's Pool 2

Can Italy shock the Dominican team?

It would be awesome if they did, i mean the Netherlands did it in 2009. Dominican Republic just look like beasts though. Volquez only pitched one inning during his first start (rain delay) but he looked really sharp.

i hope stanton starts for USA tonight....he gets to play in his home park..hopefully he can display all that power of his.

It would be awesome if they did, i mean the Netherlands did it in 2009. Dominican Republic just look like beasts though. Volquez only pitched one inning during his first start (rain delay) but he looked really sharp.

i hope stanton starts for USA tonight....he gets to play in his home park..hopefully he can display all that power of his.

Dominicana looks too tough, and they're having way too much fun!  Italy will have to be perfect to steal it.

Stanton's slated to get the start, and seems motivated... Puerto Rico mercy-ruled us in '09, before Wright walked-them off.  The PR is looking for some payback; will be a good game.

The Mexican 3rd baseman (Luis Cruz) apologized for his role in the brawl, and has returned to Doyyurs camp. 

Did anybody else watch the Dominicana/Puerto Rico game the other day?!  It has to be one of the best games ever.  Not for the drama, or the talent-level, or the score, but for the overall experience!

I loved watching both teams really enjoying playing the game, and appreciating each other; high-fives and hugs with opposing players on bases during the game is something you won't see outside of ST games here.  I'm no fan of Jose Mota as a full-time announcer, but it was great to hear him translating some of the chatter between the teams.  We play a "Dominicana" team in our league, and I have made friends with most of those guys.  My Spanish isn't very good, but I love trying to talk baseball in both languages with those guys!

I don't think I could Salsa for 9 innings, but I really would have had fun in the stands with those baseball-freak fans!