• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ALDS GAME 2 SOX/RAYS

OK guys -- Madden call in the 9th.......

Rays are up 4 to 3 ninth inning, one out, Red Sox have guys at first and third..........

and you play the INFIELD BACK, get the force at second but let the tying run score????

Ninth Inning........you lose and you stay home.

GEEZ.

I'm a guy who believes in playing the INFIELD UP or half way at least even in the early innings (an exception depending who's at the plate, some slow guy we know who hits rockets through the infield but if he hits a ground ball, it's going to be an inning ending GIDP).......anyway, couldn't believe infield was back in the ninth inning in that situation..........oh well.

Walk off saved Madden and Rodney.........hey, Fernando Rodney's performances in the playoffs are surely bringing back memories.........cue up the song "I'm up on the tightwire"

It was second and third.

right, second and third -- even more of a reason to play up, IMO..........

if there's a guy on first, at least by playing back you're looking for the inning ending GIDP.

but with a guy on third -- the argument is that you're trying to prevent the go-ahead run (on second) to score on a shot through a drawn in infield.

but I'm all for cutting down the guy at the plate and not letting the tying run score.