• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2013 ALDS: Detroit Tigers (3) Vs. Oakland A's (2)

SoWhat

Interesting that Sonny Gray was having an ok but not amazing season in triple A this year, but since he's been called up he's been pretty damn good.  What a way to start your playoff career with 10 big league starts to your name.

We saw it happen before. It was 9/11/12 and it went Kendrys strikeout and Kendrick double play. Then HaloMagic vomit.

Edit - Come to think though, I don't think the bases were loaded. I think it was first and third. Still gross. Still classic Halos baseball.

Edited by HaloMagic

We saw it happen before. It was 9/11/12 and it went Kendrys strikeout and Kendrick double play. Then HaloMagic vomit.

Edit - Come to think though, I don't think the bases were loaded. I think it was first and third. Still gross. Still classic Halos baseball.

Happened against the Dodgers once when we still had Abreu. I remember he grounded back to the pitcher for a 1-2-3 double play and then the next batter got out.

I believe it's happened quite a few times since, just can't remember specifics.

Happened against the Dodgers once when we still had Abreu. I remember he grounded back to the pitcher for a 1-2-3 double play and then the next batter got out.

I believe it's happened quite a few times since, just can't remember specifics.

Oh it happens all the time. Just hard to keep track...

He was the 18th overall pick in the 2011 draft. It's not like he was a mid round or late round draft pick that they've developed into a good pitcher.

And then there's the Halos drafting Brian Anderson 3rd overall in 1993.   What a total and epic waste of a plum pick!

Not to mention how the Halos looked in 2011, granted they needed offense. 

Cron = 17th pick in 2011, the pick BEFORE Gray.

And of course, Cron looks like a prime candidate for MLB mediocrity over 2 years later, with the low OPS in AA. 

How the heck was he the BEST college hitter in the 2011 draft, per a few pundits?

Edited by Angel Oracle

And then there's the Halos drafting Brian Anderson 3rd overall in 1993.   What a total and epic waste of a plum pick!

Anderson was selected right ahead of such illustrious pitchers as:

4. Wayne Gomes ( 30 ML wins)

5. Jeff Granger (0 wins  27 games 9.09 era)

6. Steve Soderstrom  (spent 10 days in the majors)

He was selected right after Darren Driefort   (48-60 mlb record)

Wasn't really his fault he required 2 Tommy John surgeries in consecutives years. 

He had 82 career wins

Edited by Lou