• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Last time you were excited about a young Angels starter?

Scott34

Jim Abbott, Devon White, George Arias, Todd Greene, Darin Erstad, Tim Salmon, Ramon Ortiz, Jered Weaver, Kendrys Morales, Howie Kendrick, Nick Adenhart and then Mike Trout.

I'd say it's a toss up between Abbott and Erstad.

Weaver and then we signed him long term for a home town discount.

Good deal then, good deal now........He will bounce back next year and pitched well this year when healthy.

With all the bad stuff and performances and such surrounding the 2013 Halos, it's easy to lose sight of some of the good things.

Prior to Weaver -- and I'm talking about being excited about a guy who everyone knew would be a key starter who everyone thought would become the ace........

GEEZ, I'm thinking it's a while ago --- quite a while ago -- Chuck Finley -- that long ago -- 

but then maybe, Jarrod Washburn --- but Washburn sure fizzled out quick but was sort of a phenom.

Perhaps the pitcher (not a starter) who created the most buzz in and around the ballpark and the league when he first came up and for the first year or three there -- was K-Rod.

• 7 years later...
37 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Ohtani?

Perhaps I misunderstood the question?

Before that - Skaggs, Adenhart, Weaver - Santana, I suppose 

Jeezus, we suck at drafting pitchers - this thread makes me sad ... 

I believe the original question was about minor league SPs.