• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where have you eaten lately?

Adam

Found an Italian place in San Gabriel on Rosemead blvd called Mamas Brick Oven NY Pizza. Slice of pizza is very good. You can choose cheese and add your favorite toppings or go for one of the pre-mades in the window.

They also have these things called garlic knots, which are sinfully good. Pizza dough tied in a knot covered in garlic with a marinara dipping sauce. Oh my.

Taco Adobe downtown Orange and Linx Sausage House in Orange (next to Wahoos in old town)

Linx is a massive disappointment considering how long it took them to open that place.

Taco Adobe is my #2 favorite Mexican restaurant. Their seafood blows me away.

Going to Felix's today for breakfast.

Found an Italian place in San Gabriel on Rosemead blvd called Mamas Brick Oven NY Pizza. Slice of pizza is very good. You can choose cheese and add your favorite toppings or go for one of the pre-mades in the window.

They also have these things called garlic knots, which are sinfully good. Pizza dough tied in a knot covered in garlic with a marinara dipping sauce. Oh my.

Tank, if you are ever in Arcadia, check out a small place called Alex Di Pepe's on Las Tunas and El Monte.  It is a tiny family owned Italian place and their food is amazing.

Linx is a massive disappointment considering how long it took them to open that place.

Taco Adobe is my #2 favorite Mexican restaurant. Their seafood blows me away.

Going to Felix's today for breakfast.

Ya I don't get why how long it took them to open makes them a massive disappointment or why that matters at all at this point,  but OK. 

I agree with you guys about Bruxie. I thought their portions were really small and way overpriced. But they make a killing. I have heard they do $2,000,000 in yearly sales out of their Orange location.

If you want good Mexican in Orange, try Los Cabos Restaurant on Tustin Avenue, just south of Collins. I think the side of the restaurant actually says "Mexican Restaurant" or "Mexican Food," but the place is called "Los Cable." It is great and reasonably priced.

The Blue Frog in the circle is also good, especially if you want a chocolate crossaint.

And for upper scale Italian, Francoli is good too.

Bruxies is always packed, those numbers wouldn't surprise me. It seems like today you just need a niche product like Bruxies or Slater's 50/50 to kill it. Throw some craft beer in there and win.

Got talked into a movie late last night and had time to kill next door at Buffalo Wild Wings. It's like the Golden Corral of sports bars and seems to be the spot people go that don't know where to go. From the dudes in random sports jerseys to the table of dudes that look like they just finished a world of warcraft marathon. I couldn't fathom watching a sports event here.

From doing a few start ups, the two generally don't coincide. They likely didn't wait to open because they thought the food was poor.

Generally an issue with funding or in a restaurants case, permits or licenses.

Yep, we were talking about this last night and how much of a pain it is to just get the permits in order to open up the brewery to the public a few hours a week. This is normal and the unexpected delay is the cause of the demise of many small businesses.

Long Beach on 2nd Street place called Simmzy's makes a delicious Arugala Salad Turnover pizza and has a great selection of 36 beers. A lot of other stuff on the menu that looks delicious but haven't tried. Was a little pricey but good enough for me to going back and try something new.

Belmont Brewing Company in Belmont Shore has an awesome lobster pasta and the Strawberry Blonde beer is great.

Edited by CaliAngel

Long Beach on 2nd Street place called Simmzy's makes a delicious Arugala Salad Turnover pizza and has a great selection of 36 beers. A lot of other stuff on the menu that looks delicious but haven't tried. Was a little pricey but good enough for me to going back and try something new.

Belmont Brewing Company in Belmont Shore has an awesome lobster pasta and the Strawberry Blonde beer is great.

Simmzy's is a regular spot for me for beer and a small bite to eat. Not a huge fan of their dishes but the appetizers are pretty good and the beer is always solid. They have a Manhattan Beach location as well. I like the food at Belmont more than the beers. 

Edited by James

Went to Lupita's in Pasadena on Saturday. It was decent. Found it on Trip Advisor.

Was in Portland the last couple days. Ruth's Chris on Sunday night was amazing as always. But, if you're ever there, check out Mama Mia. Really good Italian food. Everything from scratch.