• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

anyone going to see Gravity?

I'm intrigued to see this with reviews. I'm not big into special effects or want it to be the main reason to see it though.

I prefer depth and substance. Something with a great storyline similar like Willow.

While some people hate Sandra.  I thought she nailed the roll.  I thought the story line was really good.  It wasn't complex, but was told well.  I also thought (maybe it was just me) there was a lot of little things done right.  Sure it wasn't spot on scientifically correct, but if it was scientifically correct the movie would have made about as much as the space program makes now.  

Was doing some research about a part of the movie I was curious about.  If you watched the movie, you might be interested in this also.  Looking for the video of it, but haven't found it yet.

'Gravity' Has a Short Film Companion Piece You'll Find on the DVD and Blu-ray

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/gravity-short-film-aningaaq-companion-piece-jonas-cuaron-dvd-bluray/

About the conversation that Ryan had with Earth.

Was doing some research about a part of the movie I was curious about.  If you watched the movie, you might be interested in this also.  Looking for the video of it, but haven't found it yet. 

'Gravity' Has a Short Film Companion Piece You'll Find on the DVD and Blu-rayhttp://www.ropeofsilicon.com/gravity-short-film-aningaaq-companion-piece-jonas-cuaron-dvd-bluray/About the conversation that Ryan had with Earth.

Hey that's kinda cool! It will be interesting to check out when possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw it today (not IMAX) and would have to agree. Awesome film, and great acting by Bullock.

Clooney's acting, on the other hand...meh.

Didn't mind Clooney's acting.  Actually as boring as it is, that's how I picture what the mission commander should be.  Someone that's kind of monotone, and when the shit hits the fan, doesn't panic and is still in control.  

Now that most people have seen it. One of the great things I loved about the movie was the whole storytelling aspect. How Clooney kept going on and on about stories. And mission control saying they heard that story over and over again. Then in the end, when Bullock came crashing back to earth, she started telling a story to mission mission control, and the stories were not meant to tell a story, but to control her fear. And that while Clooney was always in control, he was always afraid.

At least that's how I interpreted it.

I thought this movie sucked. I fell asleep multiple times.

It probably didn't help that I was in the front row of an IMAX screen with 3D glasses on after dinner and drinks. I'll check it out again on DVD but the first go around, I wasn't impressed. Zzzzzzz

I thought this movie sucked. I fell asleep multiple times.

It probably didn't help that I was in the front row of an IMAX screen with 3D glasses on after dinner and drinks. I'll check it out again on DVD but the first go around, I wasn't impressed. Zzzzzzz

I didn't think it completely sucked but the plot was extremely obvious. It was nice to watch in 3D on the big screen but it's not going down as a classic.