• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers/Braves NLDS (1)

I definately agree that Pittsburgh/St. Louis looks better than Atlanta right now.

Atlanta now does nothing when they get to the post-season, and of course had the 2011 collapse, granted it wasn't as bad as the Red Sux' collapse that same year.

The Braves have the pen, but it does no good when your young starters get hammered and your offense is inconsistent.

Teheran is learning a fast lesson about facing good teams in huge games, man was he ever bad yesterday.

don't know that I would run Kershaw out there on short rest tonight.  Their offense is clicking, they have the benefit of being at home.  I'd roll the dice on Nolasco and save Kershaw for game 5, rather than relying on Greinke (whom the Braves have already beat this series).

I don't think the braves are a very good team, I think they benefited from playing in a super weak division this year.

THIS year?

The Braves have been making it to the playoffs and doing nothing about it since I can remember.

It's probably frustrating as hell to be a Braves fan.

don't know that I would run Kershaw out there on short rest tonight.  Their offense is clicking, they have the benefit of being at home.  I'd roll the dice on Nolasco and save Kershaw for game 5, rather than relying on Greinke (whom the Braves have already beat this series).

Which also allows you the luxury of starting the NLCS with Kershaw if you win tonight.

Which also allows you the luxury of starting the NLCS with Kershaw if you win tonight.

Yup.  Puzzling move, for sure.  Would love to know if it was Mattingly's decision (he's certainly made his share of puzzling moves) or if it came from higher up.  If the Dogs lose this series, people will be talking about this decision forever.

Nolasco's final 3 starts: 12 IP 24 H 19 R. 

I think it's a smart move. Their bullpen is great and can pitch for a few inning if needed. This allows Kershaw to pitch games 2 and 6 of the LCS too. 

True enough about Nolasco's final 3 starts, although I think it's a pretty open ended question without a clear right answer how much you should weigh those 3 starts vs. what he did prior to that.

This makes no sense for the Dodgers. They are up 2-1 so even if they lose they have a Game 5 where Kershaw is scheduled to pitch on regular rest. They are facing Freddy Garcia so they have good chance to win and avoid having Kershaw pitch again this series. Don't see any pro's to having him pitch tonight and a lot of con's.