• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What bothers me the most (RE changes)

floplag

I'm usually of the point that most guys who left haven't improved (like the list above pointed out). Lackey actually bounced back after his TJ surgery though. And you have to figure he's older. Would he (or any others on the list) be the same if they left at their peak (when we released them)? I don't know.

Napoli looked good the yesr after he left. So did vlad. And obviously santana. Kazmir this year. Not really enough data becauuse they're all short term improvements, and all different ages so its not black and white.

I will say though, like the OP, it is a valid question why so many guys we aquired over the last several years have fallen off a cliff. Obviously its a tougher park than arlington and toronto (wells and hamilton). But is it that different?

Hatcher was replaced, and our offense improved and people moved on. But I'd almost argue its the nee personel (like trout) that improved it. It still seems like the offensice plan this team has is still lacking (IMO).

The team did walk the 3rd most times in the past 14 seasons (only 2000 and 2009 teams walked more often).

But only two players combined alone walked about a 1/3 of those times (Trout and Iannetta).

No one else who played here all season really showed enough plate discipline.

And that's what I'm getting at AO. We finished 7th in runs, not bad considering the injuries. But take trout away and where are we?

Pitchings the obvious problem. But I'm still not 100 percent sold on our offense being fixed either.

And that's what I'm getting at AO. We finished 7th in runs, not bad considering the injuries. But take trout away and where are we?

Pitchings the obvious problem. But I'm still not 100 percent sold on our offense being fixed either.

A healthy Pujols, a 2nd half Hamilton and Calhoun playing more than Shuck should lead to some big improvements, IMO. 

What's frustrating is that I'm not seeing a whole lot of plate discipline through the farm. 

A lot of players having between 30-50 BBs, very few with over that.

Dipoto has only been here for 2 years, and thus I know it takes time to change an org's philosophy.

I just wish I could see progress being made.