• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Government stalemate

Government shutdown  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How long will the government stalemate last?

• One more day
    • One more week
    • Two more weeks
    • One more month
    • By Thankgiving
    • By Christmas
    • Who am I kidding, we are screwed!

The ONLY hope is to cut back on what people get per month in Social Security and also increase the age to start collecting (currently at age 62.5, age 66, or age 70 with increasing benefits for each).   Maybe changing those ages to say 65, 70, and 75?

As for Medicare, age 65 may have to be pushed back to say age 70, and benefits reduced.

Why those ages weren't increased a decade or two back is beyond me, given that life expectancies had already improved significantly by then.

Edited by Angel Oracle

The only hope is to have the corporations who make record profits pay record taxes. If they don't like it then they can just not sell their Chinese crap to the 300 million ravenous consumers in the US.

You're consistent Arch, I'll give you that.

The ONLY hope is to cut back on what people get per month in Social Security and also increase the age to start collecting (currently at age 62.5, age 66, or age 70 with increasing benefits for each).   Maybe changing those ages to say 65, 70, and 75?

As for Medicare, age 65 may have to be pushed back to say age 70, and benefits reduced.

Why those ages weren't increased a decade or two back is beyond me, given that life expectancies had already improved significantly by then.

Are you assuming out of work seniors are collecting some form of pension?

Where do people over 65 work? I'll be honest, other than some dive diners I don't see a work force of geezers out there

When I was working at Boeing in St Louis there were many workers there who had retired from Boeing with benefits and were doing their old jobs as contractors. I think this is pretty normal in some industries now.

Ahhh... Ok. Ushers, Marshals on a golf course. That makes sense. I doubt those dudes need the coin though. They probably just hate their wives.

Don't pick on the Marshals on the golf course, I actually just started doing that. Man is it boring but I was paying $210 a month for dues and now I sub about 3 times a month and they never say anything no matter how many times my daughter or I play.  

Now that I admitted that I am officially old now.  The cart girls only like me for my personality.   

Love the attitude of people like Rep. Renee Elmers (R-NC). When asked why she isn't donating her paycheck to charity like some other members are doing, she replied, "I need my paycheck. That's the bottom line. I understand that there may be some other members who are deferring their paychecks, and I think that's admirable. I'm not in that position."

She doesn't seem to mind forcing the same thing on people who make far less, however.