• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

KIDS rocking a cover of Tool

I hear that, my rig is sitting in my garage so no storage payments, but taking up half of my space. What kind of rig you have? I have an Ampeg PR15H, Ampeg PR410H, and a rolling rack with Ampeg SVT4PRO, EQ, Tuner, plus my Warwick Thumb 4, Warwick fretted neck through 5, and a Yamaha Fretless 4 string plus pedal board. Out of most people's price range.

Edited by Biergott

Very nice man. I think we've talked about this years ago, I know I posted a pic at one point.

I run (ran?):

svt4 pro head

ampeg 8x10 cab

monster 2500 power center

shure ulxs wireless (didn't use it much as it was inconsistent)

korg dtr-2000 tuner

I wouldn't call it a custom grundolf case, but I added a storage tray (simple rack mount) and a fan to the back.

As for basses, my first was a cheesy Ibanez low end model, I ended up giving it away. My main basses were an American Fender Jazz and I had a completely custom and hand made g&l asat. I shouldn't have a problem with the fender because that one is sought after. unless they are a collector I doubt I sell my g&l. the funny thing is it probably went up in value from the 4k I spent on it.

I expect lowball offers and will deal and not feel too bad because some of the items I got from a buddy that worked at guitar center and got me cost.....which is mind blowing the mark up. that shure wireless set up sells for $1,300 but cost was like $350. so I might break even outside the bass.

those warwicks you have are bad ass.

You're right we may have talked about it before. I had that 8x10 but switched cabs since I want the lows of the 15. I tried a wireless, I think sennheiser, but hated it. Pulled the highs and lows out of my sound....felt way to midrange compressed. I posted the rig without the basses on craigslist a while back, and the offers were a joke, but in a way I'm glad I didn't sell it. My second bass was a fender jazz bass, I dug that, but fell in love with the Warwick thumb 4. That's my go to bass. The other two were just for a couple songs. I almost used them as effects really. Kind of a waste. Same here on the cost, we had a hookup there and rigged the whole band for like 5% over cost I think. I have a another spinal fusion coming up on October 30th, but I have a buddy who is a drummer and we may start something up after I'm back on my feet. I've done a couple recording sessions for a buddy over the past three years, but other than that, haven't jammed for nearly 5 years. I miss it.

You're right we may have talked about it before. I had that 8x10 but switched cabs since I want the lows of the 15. I tried a wireless, I think sennheiser, but hated it. Pulled the highs and lows out of my sound....felt way to midrange compressed. I posted the rig without the basses on craigslist a while back, and the offers were a joke, but in a way I'm glad I didn't sell it. My second bass was a fender jazz bass, I dug that, but fell in love with the Warwick thumb 4. That's my go to bass. The other two were just for a couple songs. I almost used them as effects really. Kind of a waste. Same here on the cost, we had a hookup there and rigged the whole band for like 5% over cost I think. I have a another spinal fusion coming up on October 30th, but I have a buddy who is a drummer and we may start something up after I'm back on my feet. I've done a couple recording sessions for a buddy over the past three years, but other than that, haven't jammed for nearly 5 years. I miss it.

Yeah, I messed with the wireless during practices and it wasn't consistent with connection and sound so I never used it live. and like you said, the svt4 pro is a beast to dial in anyway to have to mess with a wireless as well. I didn't like it, but people would see it in my rig and dig it.

I kind of wish I didn't go for the custom g&l and grabbed a warwick. would have saved money and I prefer their tone. the g&l just had a pingy high tone I never wanted in a bass. the fender when dialed in had a nice fat and warm sound. I actually messed with the Warwick when I was bass shopping for what I thought would be a stop gap but the guy knew well enough and took me to their classic section and showed me the fender and gave me a good deal.

I haven't thought about playing in a long time. One of my best friends is still trying to make it and playing which is inspiring or I'll rediscover an album that got me excited to play and pull out the little hartke 20w and jam a bit. I was never good nor could I write, but knew people that wanted to work together and got the chance to play cool venues or were very talented. I learned real quick how the music industry works and how damn hard it is to get four or five dudes on the same page (no less trying to find a singer or drummer) or how band dudes are generally dicks you don't want to be around.

I've been putting off for years listing the gear, but I'm intrigued what will come in. my buddy just texted me to give him a list and pricing and he will also help with off loading it to a lot of.pros he knows and jams with. I expect to take a hit but subsidize it with the few items I got at cost to offset. we will see......so if you know anyone!