• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Indians or Rays?

Indians.

I worshiped Cleveland as a kid because I played for my little league Indians throughout my childhood. That was back when they had Manny, Thome, Lofton, Alomar, Fryman, Justice, Vizquel, and so on. Jim Thome was my favorite player growing up, I used to always mimic his batting stance when I was a kid. I still root for the Indians to this day, so I hope they win it all.

Either, whichever one has the better chance at beating the Red Sux.

Indians don't have any overpowering numbers on the mound or at the plate, but they have a great team concept.   Jimenez has pitched really well lately, and Masterson is a decent #2 guy.

Perez has sucked lately in the 9th inning, but they have a deep pen otherwise.

Rays have Longoria and Myers, and then a bunch of grinders with solid plate discipline, and of course excellent pitching.   Their 4 starters (Price, Moore, Cobb, Archer) can face any lineup.    Bullpen has question marks though, outside of Torres and Wright.   Rodney has been better lately, but still a question mark.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Either, whichever one has the better chance at beating the Red Sux.

Indians don't have any overpowering numbers on the mound or at the plate, but they have a great team concept.   Jimenez has pitched really well lately, and Masterson is a decent #2 guy.

Perez has sucked lately in the 9th inning, but they have a deep pen otherwise.

Rays have Longoria and Myers, and then a bunch of grinders with solid plate discipline, and of course excellent pitching.   Their 4 starters (Price, Moore, Cobb, Archer) can face any lineup.    Bullpen has question marks though, outside of Torres and Wright.   Rodney has been better lately, but still a question mark.

Masterson is moved to the closer role for the playoffs I thought. Meaning Perez is set-up I believe. They are going with Jimenez, Kazmir and Salazar as their 1-2-3

Either team would be my preference over the Red Sox (and really any team not named the Pirates). I think TB has a better chance to beat the Red Sox...and to be honest I don't think anyone wants to listen to 7-10 days of Francona vs. the Red Sox crap....so I guess the Rays have that going for them.

You're right, I didn't manage to prove something that's completely unprovable. Do you have a particular reason to think the Indians roster DOES have a rapist or anti-semite?

I didn't think the "As far as we know... part before "The Indians roster doesn't feature a rapist or an anti-Semite" comment was necessary to add. Apparently I was mistaken.

There's certainly a chance that someone on the Indians roster is a secret rapist and/or anti-Semite, because "Hey, who knows!", but (as far as I know) we have no particular reason to suspect a current Cleveland Indians' player of such. 

Given that, I'm going to go ahead and continue having stronger feelings about guys like Josh Lueke or Delmon Young than about guys who maybe, hypothetically, at some point in their lives could have done something like that because after all, we don't know everything that they've ever done in their entire lives.

Edited by jshep