• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Here is why Trumbo will never yield a good return in trade.

Trumbo has no problem with hitting a baseball out when he gets a hold of one. He could could hit 45-50 in Anaheim if it were not for the fact he is not a good hitter. His home run totals this year were not curtailed by marine layer but striking out 184 times. Coors field is not going to magicly bolster his contact rates.

Coors Field made us all believe that Iannetta was a good hitting catcher.

Trumbo is OBVIOUSLY not gonna fetch any high end starters on his own. If you package him with someone like Calhoun or Bourjos or some prospect then there's a good possibility you can get a top of the rotation arm or someone who has the potential to.

I would package both for someone like Price....but with more years under control.

After working on budgetary figures till 2 am and waking up 5 hours later I needed the laugh that trading Trumbo could land Archie Bradley.

Thank you!

I guess you're not very good at your job then YOT, if the Trumbo math you've done prevents you from seeing that he could bring back a high-end prospect?

Striking out 184 times and an obp below .300 does not make for good math. You obviously think his 30 homeruns are far more valuable than they really are over 162 games. That us less than one in five game chance of productivity while the rest of his numbers don't add any other apreciable support to team offense.

Striking out 184 times and an obp below .300 does not make for good math. You obviously think his 30 homeruns are far more valuable than they really are over 162 games. That us less than one in five game chance of productivity while the rest of his numbers don't add any other apreciable support to team offense.

My point is that Colorado now needs a new fulltime 1Bman. Mark Trumbo is available to fill that role. I don't think that Trumbo is very thrilled about getting bounced around because Pujols is so unpredictable about when and where he plays. Trumbo was a fulltime 1Bman in the minors. He's 27 years old and I'm sure that he doesn't just want to be a DH. I think he would excel at Coors Field because of just plain stability.

Trumbo has no problem with hitting a baseball out when he gets a hold of one. He could could hit 45-50 in Anaheim if it were not for the fact he is not a good hitter. His home run totals this year were not curtailed by marine layer but striking out 184 times. Coors field is not going to magicly bolster his contact rates.

I agree, It's not going magically increase his contact rate, but some balls hit by Trumbo that may have missed going out by say 20 or so feet would be gone at Coors Field. Trumbo would be a lock for 40 HR's hitting there

"Denver, Colo., where Coors Field is located, is known as the mile-high city because it is at an altitude of 1 mile (or 5,280ft) above sea level. This high elevation means that the air at Coors field is a lot thinner than the air at sea level. It's even a lot thinner than the air at Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix, Arizona, the second highest major league ballpark at an elevation of 1100 feet. There are a lot fewer air molecules in a cubic meter of air at Coors Field than at any other Major League stadium, especially one at sea level. Because there is so much less air in the way, a ball hit at Coors Field will go about 10% farther than a ball hit with the same force at sea level. This means a 400-foot hit into deep center at sea level would be a 440-foot homerun at Coors Field."

Look at Carlos Gonzlez career HR Splits, 77 HR at home and 44 on the road. 

Edited by SoWhat

I agree, It's not going magically increase his contact rate, but some balls hit by Trumbo that may have missed going out by say 20 or so feet would be gone at Coors Field.

"Denver, Colo., where Coors Field is located, is known as the mile-high city because it is at an altitude of 1 mile (or 5,280ft) above sea level. This high elevation means that the air at Coors field is a lot thinner than the air at sea level. It's even a lot thinner than the air at Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix, Arizona, the second highest major league ballpark at an elevation of 1100 feet. There are a lot fewer air molecules in a cubic meter of air at Coors Field than at any other Major League stadium, especially one at sea level. Because there is so much less air in the way, a ball hit at Coors Field will go about 10% farther than a ball hit with the same force at sea level. This means a 400-foot hit into deep center at sea level would be a 440-foot homerun at Coors Field."

Trumbo would be a lock for 40 HR's at Coors Field

Trumbo is 2 for 12 lifetime at Coors Field. Yep both hits were homeruns.

Again you are avoiding the fact that it is nearly impossible to find a hitter for the 2014 season who can hit over 30 HR's and provide average corner outfield defense (or 1B defense) for the price of about $1.5-2.0 million. Even in 2015 Trumbo's salary will probably be around $4-4.5 million and you will still have incredible difficulty finding any power hitter cheaper than that.

Stop just looking at the stat line. His salary plays a huge part in the evaluation here and is what makes him worth a high end prospect period. That is math that makes sense.

is it safe to say Trumbo has reached is ceiling? -he wont ever be the 1st half of 2012 player he once was for a full season?

Sure he could but they have to stop displacing him all over the place. He's had to play 1st, RF, LF, 3B and DH the past couple of seasons. He had a nice rookie season and then got pushed out. I'm sure he's been amused.

Sure he could but they have to stop displacing him all over the place. He's had to play 1st, RF, LF, 3B and DH the past couple of seasons. He had a nice rookie season and then got pushed out. I'm sure he's been amused.

Lol, ya that's the problem here...

Even with those HR, he's a league average player. That still obviously has value...but let's not overrate the guy here and think he can bring back a Grade A pitching prospect. 

I would trade Trumbo for Bradley, doubt the D-Backs would...

They would not. They have Goldschmidt at first, a MUCH better player.

It's amazing how undervalued Trumbo is. He isn't going to get you an Archie Bradley, but he sure as hell will get you something better than a number 5 that everyone is saying he'll get. There was only 3 players that hit at least 30 HR's in the NL, THREE! you can guarantee that there'll be a nice market for Mark Trumbo. A small market team that can't afford a 35 Homer guy on the FA market or to give up a good chunk of their farm will value Mark Trumbo. 

Trumbo ain't fetching Bradley by himself, that much is pretty certain. 

Bradley has soared through the minors.   In just 2.5 seasons, he has gone from rookie ball to dominating AA hitters. 

Everything about him screams upper rotation starter about 3 years from now, except that the BBs will need to continue to improve and they did in 2013 (5.5 BBs/9 innings in 2012, 4 BBs/9 innings in 2013).

Maybe something like Trumbo, Sappington, and Borenstein would get it done.

Trumbo ain't fetching Bradley by himself, that much is pretty certain. 

Bradley has soared through the minors.   In just 2.5 seasons, he has gone from rookie ball to dominating AA hitters. 

Everything about him screams upper rotation starter about 3 years from now, except that the BBs will need to continue to improve and they did in 2013 (5.5 BBs/9 innings in 2012, 4 BBs/9 innings in 2013).

Maybe something like Trumbo, Sappington, and Borenstein would get it done.

Was this directed towards me? If so, I said in the second sentence that he wouldn't fetch Archie Bradley in a trade. If not, my bad lol