• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hometown Buffet / Golden Corral

Hometown / Golden Corral  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How does it relate to you?

• mmm hmm, great dining!
    • not bad, Ill eat there sometimes
    • Ill eat there, but feel like I need a shower after
    • that place and its customers are below me
    • never been, probably never will

With Flemings they opened one in Rancho, but.because it's in a mall I worry it won't be what the norm is.

Another solid steak house is in Palm Springs but the name escapes me, I think it's called Iron something or has iron in the name. They regularly carry Jordan as well which is an awesome wine.

Cool, thanks for all the steakhouse suggestions.  Has anybody done the 72-ounce steak challenge in Amarillo, TX? 

You have to eat the 72-ounce steak, salad, baked potato, bread, and shrimp cocktail in less than one hour, without puking or going to the bathroom.  The meal is free if you succeed.  Otherwise it costs $72.  I believe former major leaguer Frank Pastore held some of the fastest records for completing the challenge. 

Let's be honest, do you think you could pull it off?

Both are chains, but fairly limited ones. Fleming's has 12 locations in California, including Los Angeles, Newport Beach and Beverly Hills.

http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations

Del Frisco's has a few locations across the country, Vegas is the farthest west. There is also one in Denver.

http://delfriscos.com/locations

Del Friscos is my favorite. Their filet is like butter.

With Flemings they opened one in Rancho, but.because it's in a mall I worry it won't be what the norm is.

Another solid steak house is in Palm Springs but the name escapes me, I think it's called Iron something or has iron in the name. They regularly carry Jordan as well which is an awesome wine.

dude in palm springs its all about melvyn's.

that place is a trip.

Isn't Melvyns more dress up fancy?

I'm tying to look for the one I mentioned because it's a hole in the wall looking place that is a local gem locals prefer. It's ok and tries on the inside with decor, but isn't too uppity. The food is beyond fantastic (we actually eat there all the time and don't venture to new places because it's so good) and they have a great wine list.

Cool, thanks for all the steakhouse suggestions.  Has anybody done the 72-ounce steak challenge in Amarillo, TX? 

You have to eat the 72-ounce steak, salad, baked potato, bread, and shrimp cocktail in less than one hour, without puking or going to the bathroom.  The meal is free if you succeed.  Otherwise it costs $72.  I believe former major leaguer Frank Pastore held some of the fastest records for completing the challenge. 

Let's be honest, do you think you could pull it off?

i think frank pastore polished it all off in some crazy time like 9 minutes.

adam richman from man vs. food did it in about 30 minutes.

Toss up for Ruth's Chris or Flemings for me...need to go to Maestro's apparently and give that a try.

For fun/atmosphere I like the strip house (i think that's what it's called) down in La Jolla.  Big grill in the center of the restaurant where you grill you own steak.  It's also a huge vodka bar with an enormous selection.

i think frank pastore polished it all off in some crazy time like 9 minutes.

adam richman from man vs. food did it in about 30 minutes.

He did it in 9 1/2 minutes.

Held the record for 21 years until Joey Chestnut did it in 8:52

i love the googles

http://townhall.com/columnists/frankpastore/2008/03/25/i_held_the_big_texan_steak_record_for_21_years,_until_last_night