• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hometown Buffet / Golden Corral

Hometown / Golden Corral  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How does it relate to you?

• mmm hmm, great dining!
    • not bad, Ill eat there sometimes
    • Ill eat there, but feel like I need a shower after
    • that place and its customers are below me
    • never been, probably never will

I never been to either one and I will never go.  I am not a fan of buffets because I don't feel like I can't get my money's worth.  I just can't eat that much.

As for having experience in the food industry, I worked at both Souplantation and Subway in high school.  No way I would ever eat at a Souplantation again and I go nowhere near Subway anymore because everything is pre-processed.  Back when I worked at Subway we cut everything fresh.  Things have definitely changed with them.  

I have to disagree about the Outback though.  I still like their food.  They never mess up my steak.  To compare it to something my wife and I went to Shanahan's Steak place for our anniversary.  It is a local restaurant here owned by none other than Mike Shanahan.  It is way over priced and very underwhelming.  The Outback blows it away in my opinion.

punk.

Have yet to try Flemings or Lugers.

It's probably generic but Ruth Chris. I used to have Morton's higher up but last time kind of sucked.

It's been a few years since I have had it but Cheesecake Factory made an awesome filet. I think they use the same meat distributor as Ruth Chris so it makes sense.

Chris & Pitt's is the best.

Hellz to the yeah.

It still breaks my heart that they closed the one in Anaheim. I grew up in that place.

The last day they were open, I went there for lunch and dinner, and came real close to being able to take their barstools home with me.

When my folks come to visit, we'll go to the one in Downey, but its not the same. Sigh.

Harris both the one off the 5 and the one in the city. I love Northwoods and Ruth Chris. There is also a place in Havasu called ChaBones, that has an amazing Rib Eye that is perfectly seasoned and you can have it served Black Eye Style, which is a creamy cajun style sauce with three shrimp served on top. Simply incredible. The last couple times to Mortons haven't been that great. Flemings is very good also.

i love harris on the 5.

here in the city i like alexander's, boboquivari's, ruth's chris, the palace, house of prime rib and 5a5.

in OC i like fleming's and mastro's. 

Been to Harris in the city but not the OG on the 5 yet. I'm jealous.

Great steaks though. The OG restaurant has an airport next door so people can fly in and grab a steak at will. "Props" to them. (I crack myself up)

Mastro's is my favorite steak in OC with Flemings a close second. They're both chains but me thinks they have the best meat. I used to love the cut at Landmark on PCH but wasn't impressed after the joint underwent new ownership.

Oh, and Orange Hill is great to my recollection.

Meh. I think you pay more for the view at Orange Hill than the food. Nice to have a romantic cocktail by the fire pits though. Beware that it may take a bit of time for the valet to park/retrieve your car when it's busy.

Tell me more about this Grey Stone though. I'm liking San Diego more and more. Great food and awesome beers!

HD, the lady was just saying we all need to do Hibachi again.

I like Orange Hill, but it's not a first choice thing. I've only been there about three or four times though.

Grey Stone is in downtown SD. Been there twice and just like the place from atmosphere to food. Had the filet twice and is one of the first things that comes to mind when people ask about best steaks. Worth checking out if you're down there. Good fine dining place.

Speaking of which, it's known for different reasons, but Fox Fire has been a family favorite for years before the cougar den. It hasn't been the same since the owner passed away and the kids took over years ago.

I'm not familiar with either one.  Are they chain restaurants, or local to the Vegas area?

Both are chains, but fairly limited ones. Fleming's has 12 locations in California, including Los Angeles, Newport Beach and Beverly Hills.

http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations

Del Frisco's has a few locations across the country, Vegas is the farthest west. There is also one in Denver.

http://delfriscos.com/locations

HD, the lady was just saying we all need to do Hibachi again.

I like Orange Hill, but it's not a first choice thing. I've only been there about three or four times though.

Grey Stone is in downtown SD. Been there twice and just like the place from atmosphere to food. Had the filet twice and is one of the first things that comes to mind when people ask about best steaks. Worth checking out if you're down there. Good fine dining place.

Speaking of which, it's known for different reasons, but Fox Fire has been a family favorite for years before the cougar den. It hasn't been the same since the owner passed away and the kids took over years ago.

We do need to all go there again. Let's set something up.