• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hometown Buffet / Golden Corral

Hometown / Golden Corral  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How does it relate to you?

• mmm hmm, great dining!
    • not bad, Ill eat there sometimes
    • Ill eat there, but feel like I need a shower after
    • that place and its customers are below me
    • never been, probably never will

Don Jose's beats out El Torito in our house. I have been going there since I was a kid with my grandparents.

My wife and I occasionally pick up a brownie from Claim Jumper to share for dessert. They are at least a third smaller than they were a couple of years ago and are the same price. We get pissed everytime, but then eat it anyway.

Sometimes we do Pei Wei which is just the more casual PF Changs.

I have never been to HB or GC.

Cici is strictly pizza for kids...there is really nothing good about it.  I've been a couple of times because my son and daughter like their mac n' cheese pizza and get to play some games.  The one exception is they do have a cinnmon dessert pizza that is pretty decent.  However, if the way your pizza tastes matters to you, avoid with extreme prejudice. 

Edited by mulwin444

So is it true that the "meat" at fast food joints comes treated with a colored preservative that disappears when you heat it up?  This guy I know claims the chicken nuggets used to arrive in 25 pound bags with blue coloring.

I worked at Wendy's 20 years ago. Nuggets were nugget colored not blue

Oh as for buffets I only do them in Vegas and I only really like two of them there. I like the one at the Rio, because I really dig their Brazilian BBQ and its made fresh in front of you. I also like one called Dishes in Treasure Island. Once again it has smaller amounts of food prepared, so its pretty fresh and a good selection.

Las Vegas has neither Golden Corral nor Hometown Buffet, probably because of all the buffet competition from the hotels both on- and off-Strip. Boston Market had restaurants here for a while, but they abandoned the market due to poor sales.

When I lived in the Oklahoma City area, we had both Hometown Buffet and Golden Corral. The food was acceptable, but not great. You aren't going to pay one price and load up on top-notch food anywhere, except the more expensive hotel buffets here. National chains, no chance.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I never been to either one and I will never go.  I am not a fan of buffets because I don't feel like I can't get my money's worth.  I just can't eat that much.

As for having experience in the food industry, I worked at both Souplantation and Subway in high school.  No way I would ever eat at a Souplantation again and I go nowhere near Subway anymore because everything is pre-processed.  Back when I worked at Subway we cut everything fresh.  Things have definitely changed with them.  

I have to disagree about the Outback though.  I still like their food.  They never mess up my steak.  To compare it to something my wife and I went to Shanahan's Steak place for our anniversary.  It is a local restaurant here owned by none other than Mike Shanahan.  It is way over priced and very underwhelming.  The Outback blows it away in my opinion.

Ooof Cici's is what Mulwin said, pizza for 10 year olds and 20 year old college students. My standards are pretty low for pizza but not Cici's low.

They have amazing sweet rolls though. It doesn't make sense but they really do. The buffalo chicken pizza is tolerable but yeah mostly a place to take the kids.

I have to disagree about the Outback though.  I still like their food.  They never mess up my steak.  To compare it to something my wife and I went to Shanahan's Steak place for our anniversary.  It is a local restaurant here owned by none other than Mike Shanahan.  It is way over priced and very underwhelming.  The Outback blows it away in my opinion.

Despite disparaging remarks by some, Outback delivers good steaks at a reasonable price. There are better steaks, to be sure, at places where I would pay as much for a baked potato as I pay for my whole meal at Outback. I only go to those when a pharmaceutical company is picking up the tab (I have one of those coming in about ten days).

Granted I work for a good fast food restaurant, but no, the meat doesn't come with some color additive that disappears as you cook it. I have no idea if other fast food places do that.

We had a presentation by someone from Harris ranch when I was in college, and he said that meat is delivered to your restaurants everyday so that nothing is ever frozen.

We had a presentation by someone from Harris ranch when I was in college, and he said that meat is delivered to your restaurants everyday so that nothing is ever frozen.

harris ranch is the bomb.

i stop there every time i drive down the 5 to go to OC.

legit steaks and burgers. good drinks.