• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hometown Buffet / Golden Corral

Hometown / Golden Corral  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How does it relate to you?

• mmm hmm, great dining!
    • not bad, Ill eat there sometimes
    • Ill eat there, but feel like I need a shower after
    • that place and its customers are below me
    • never been, probably never will

Calling hometown buffet the walmart of restaurants was pretty deadon. Cheap prices with huge volume equals lousy food. And like Ray said, the vegetarian options are very few. I've eaten at the one in San Gabriel half a dozen times with a buddy who loves their cheap prices. I go for the company. The food skus in every way possible.

HD!!  - I guess the same as you

I figure all these are pretty much the same, thought Ive not ate at all of them

olive garden, cocos, carrows, claim jumper, el torito, acapulco, applebees, macaroni grill, tgi fridays, outback, and even black angus nowadays
There seems to be something different about Norms, like they use way less chemicals or something

PF Changes belongs in that class, but for whatever reason I dont mind eating there once in a while

What about Ruby Tuesday? Always see the commercials but have never seem an actual restaurant. Figure it's in the same boat as these places.

Tyler Mall has one. But yeah, I don't see them either. Reminds me how I see Carrabbas commercials but it's a Midwest/East chain that is a step above Olive Garden. I eat there now and then in Kansas City, but I don't think they have one past Colorado.

Tyler Mall has one. But yeah, I don't see them either. Reminds me how I see Carrabbas commercials but it's a Midwest/East chain that is a step above Olive Garden. I eat there now and then in Kansas City, but I don't think they have one past Colorado.

They are in Vegas/Henderson and I think I have seen them around Phoenix but not sure. 

As for Claim Jumpers. Last time I ate their was when Landry's had just taken it over. I used to love the bbq chicken sandwich and while it was okay, it was not as good as it used to be. 

HD!!  - I guess the same as you

I figure all these are pretty much the same, thought Ive not ate at all of them

olive garden, cocos, carrows, claim jumper, el torito, acapulco, applebees, macaroni grill, tgi fridays, outback, and even black angus nowadays

There seems to be something different about Norms, like they use way less chemicals or something

PF Changes belongs in that class, but for whatever reason I dont mind eating there once in a while

disagree completely with you on PF Changs. i really like their menu.

I've been to Hometown Buffet I think twice in my lifetime, and felt a deep sense of shame afterwards.

Haven't been to  Golden Corral, have no intention to go, have no idea where I would even find one, but I'll probably end up in one at some point somehow despite that.

Every time I visit my dad, he always sells me on HB. Crazy thing is that my dad is a health nut. Last time I went with my parents my dad pointed out a guy inspecting their food. He was explaining that the inspector was the regional manager and does random visits. I guess the best time to go is when the regional manager is there.

Golden Corral really isn't bad.  They have better meats, better salads, and a hell of a lot more desserts, if you're into that. 

About the only time I go to buffets is on vacation or business trips.  They make for a good dinner if you're exhausted and hungry.  There's nothing I hate more than flying all day long, or driving 700 miles, then going to a restaurant and having to wait 60 minutes for food to be served. 

So, going to the Golden Corral is basically like going to an Angel game?  Except for the shrimp, steak and Mormons.

It's like the Goodwill store of sleaze-dining. Everybody 'dressed' in jean shorts and XXXL shirts, tripping over themselves to get their deep fried shrimp and overcooked gristle steaks.

The place is a godsend for Mormon families though. The 23-year old couples can feed their 9 children on the cheap.

Screaming children, old folks, and white (and black and brown) trash galore. Dirty floors, dirty tables , and a perpetual line out the door.

after working in the food industry in high school and the knowledge and education that comes with food prep and contamination I don't do buffets, even "quality" ones. mass quantity and stuff that sits for a long time is a disaster.

I think the last buffet I had was with Derek in Vegas at the aria during one of our poker dealios which had to be about four or five years ago.

after working in the food industry in high school and the knowledge and education that comes with food prep and contamination I don't do buffets, even "quality" ones. mass quantity and stuff that sits for a long time is a disaster.

I think the last buffet I had was with Derek in Vegas at the aria during one of our poker dealios which had to be about four or five years ago.

So is it true that the "meat" at fast food joints comes treated with a colored preservative that disappears when you heat it up?  This guy I know claims the chicken nuggets used to arrive in 25 pound bags with blue coloring.

Edited by mp170.6