• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What a lack of announcement today could mean

WallyWorld

but re: Dipoto, each day he isn't fired is a big indicator he will stay on as GM.  One would think if there were plans to hire a new GM, they would want to get the search underway ASAP, because of all the implications it has.

I agree with this. Given Dipoto's relatively short tenure with the team, ownership/management would be less shy about going public with his dismissal relatively soon after the season ended, if that was what they were going to do. When we had that hot streak during September I believed that both Dipoto and Scioscia might somehow survive this off season, but given the way the team faded at the end, I'm not sure that Scioscia will be back in the dugout.

It's easier to replace a coaching staff than it is to replace a FO. Moreno needs to let Dipoto bring In his own coaching staff and manager he'll be on the same page with and share the same vision, which he hasn't done with stubborn Scioscia. The coaching staff will be the guys he brought in last year to coach in the minors. Tim Bogar, Mike Hampton, and Omar Vizquel were all hired by Dipoto to get their feet wet in the system and to takeover the coaching staff in the future. I'm extremely high on Vizquel, with Kendrick and Aybar on the verge of being traded, young guys like Green, Lindsey, and Stamets will be taking over the middle infield, Vizquel is the perfect tutor for those guys.

This team needs a new voice and some young coaches, which will appeal more to the younger guys.

Manager: Tim Bogar

Pitching Coach: Mike Hampton

Bench Coach: Omar Vizquel

Edited by SoWhat

It's easier to replace a coaching staff than it is to replace a FO. Moreno needs to let Dipoto bring In his own coaching staff and manager he'll be on the same page with and share the same vision, which he hasn't done with stubborn Scioscia. The coaching staff will be the guys he brought in last year to coach in the minors. Tim Bogar, Mike Hampton, and Omar Vizquel were all hired by Dipoto to get their feet wet in the system and to takeover the coaching staff in the future. I'm extremely high on Vizquel, with Kendrick and Aybar on the verge of being traded, young guys like Green, Lindsey, and Stamets will be taking over the middle infield, Vizquel is the perfect tutor for those guys.

This team needs a new voice and some young coaches, which will appeal more to the younger guys.

Manager: Tim Bogar

Pitching Coach: Mike Hampton

Bench Coach: Omar Vizquel

I am down with that plan.

Just get it done Arte.

Pretty much.

The fire Sosh crowd is also very similar to the make a trade for the sake of making a trade crowd. No real ideas or resolutions, they just want him gone.

As a member of the "fire Sosh crowd", I really don't care who replaces him, unless it's Bobby V. Addition by subtraction. He is no longer working. Sometimes you go with the devil you don't know because the devil you know is not working out. I don't have to have a "solution" or "resolution". It's not MY job to have one. I don't have access to the information the FO would have.

And do not lump this "crowd" in with the "make a trade for the sake of making a trade" crowd. Apples and oranges.