• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What a lack of announcement today could mean

WallyWorld

Dipoto and Scioscia don't see eye to eye. A GM needs to have a manager who shares his vision for the team. Fire Scioscia and let Dipoto handpick his own manager.

Dipoto deserves a fair shake. Though that may be difficult with a meddling owner who saddled this team with a few ridiculous and immovable contracts.

Edited by Angels

Except that doesn't Servais have zero managerial experience?

That would to me harken back to 1969, when the fired Bill Rigney was replaced by a guy (Lefty Phillips) with no managerial experience whatsoever, just scouting experience.   Almost 3 years later, that was proven to be a bad move as Phillips himself was fired and would never be a MLB manager again.

Keep Dipoto. I still have faith that he can help this org get better. He just can't be signing anymore Blantons.

Scioscia? Whatever. He will probably stay. But there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he is one more bad April away from getting shitcanned. Hopefully we don't have to suffer through another one of those.

Keep Dipoto. I still have faith that he can help this org get better. He just can't be signing anymore Blantons.

Scioscia? Whatever. He will probably stay. But there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he is one more bad April away from getting shitcanned. Hopefully we don't have to suffer through another one of those.

wouldn't shock me if both stayed, but i would be pretty shocked if Butcher weren't fired.  There has to be some sort of fallout from this season, and Butcher seems the most likely to go.

I basically agree with this. All this hyperbole on the greatness or incompetence of Scioscia is way out of control. I don't think he is a bad manager. I also don't believe he is one of the best in baseball.

We don't have enough information to know if his style of managing personalities is best suited for the team moving forward.

I will state I definitely do not want Roenicke as a manager. Same holds true for Ron Washington.

Feels like most of the people here who contribute/affiliated to this website are on the fire Scioscia bandwagon. I'm guessing we won't be reading any interviews with MS anytime soon here.

Personally I will be happy with any decision on his tenure with the Angels. Although I still believe he can lead the team to another WS Title.

I think the only people here who continue to post on this subject are those who want MS fired.  The rest don't care one way or the other.  We really don't know what the sentiment is across the entire fan base.  Trying to take a small sample here, and saying it's representative is silly.  But that's what happens when a small group reinforces one another, they think they are representative of everyone.

I'm in the don't care one way or another category.  It's entirely up to Arte, he's the owner, it's not a public company.  It's pretty simple, if Arte thinks MS can help him achieve his goals and he trusts him then keep him, if not then move him.  Same for Dipoto.  It's pretty much the same for anyone who works for him.  Arte is pretty much in a position where he doesn't have to justify his decisions to anyone with regard to baseball operations.

Edited by tomsred

Mike DiGiovanna (@MikeDiGiovanna):

This may mean something, it may mean absolutely nothing, but #Angelsfront office has been in "business-as-usual" mode all day.

And for those who have asked, when #Angels fired GM Tony Reagins in 2011, it happened very swiftly, on the Tuesday after the season.

FWIW

Happy Tuesday.

I think the only people here who continue to post on this subject are those who want MS fired. The rest don't care one way or the other. We really don't know what the sentiment is across the entire fan base. Trying to take a small sample here, and saying it's representative is silly. But that's what happens when a small group reinforces one another, they think they are representative of everyone.

I'm in the don't care one way or another category. It's entirely up to Arte, he's the owner, it's not a public company. It's pretty simple, if Arte thinks MS can help him achieve his goals and he trusts him then keep him, if not then move him. Same for Dipoto. It's pretty much the same for anyone who works for him. Arte is pretty much in a position where he doesn't have to justify his decisions to anyone with regard to baseball operations.

Pretty much.

The fire Sosh crowd is also very similar to the make a trade for the sake of making a trade crowd. No real ideas or resolutions, they just want him gone.