• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's finally over.

Lhalo

Scioscia comments on now........it's taped.........don't think it's post-game comments.

tough questioning, too "You guys really turned it around, hottest team in baseball in August-September....."

yeah, great.

how about more like, 'you guys seem to be able to play better when the games are meaningless.........why is that?"

In response to the question in the post above -- essentially, 'is this the biggest disappointing Halos season in terms of differential in expectations and final standings?"

I'd say YES.

Obviously, there have been arguably more disappointing 'events' the 1982 one pitch away Donnie Moore ultimate tragedy vs. Milwaukee which cost the Cowboy his best chance of seeing his Halos in the World Series, the 1995 total collapse from 10 games up to having to battle back to force a one game playoff to Seattle (at the Kingdome) which we lost miserably........can still remember the wild throw (was in Langston?) down the right field line...........

And the Halos have had season records far worse than this year, but I don't think any prior Halos team has come into Spring Training with such high expectations and then responded with such disappointment that set in pretty much right from Game One of the season..........to be about 10 games out and almost ten games under .500 in mid-May is just unacceptable.

It's the second year in a row that the Halos have dug themselves such a hole by mid-May that renders them pretty much a non-contender all season long..........something has to change.

Many some of these young whipper snappers should do some research. Halos signed: Dan Baylor, Bobby Grich, Joe Rudi...and nuthin'. How about bringing back the entire 2002 WS team...only to fail to win 80 games.

Let's be real folks: This is Arte's fault. He'll probably cheap out Trout...while he gave a decade contact to a sliding former superstar...forced the Napoli trade to get Wells...ok'd the Gary Mathews Jr. joke...and sign a torched Hamilton. The only thing he can do is look himself in the mirror, and say. "I m not Dan Snyder. I need to leave the baseball matters to baseball people. Be more like Walter O'Malley...and less like Jerry Jones..."

Many some of these young whipper snappers should do some research. Halos signed: Dan Baylor, Bobby Grich, Joe Rudi...and nuthin'. How about bringing back the entire 2002 WS team...only to fail to win 80 games.

Did either of those teams have the same payroll or expectations as the 2013 Angels? The 2003 team was marred by injuries.

I swear some of you guys like to think you are better than other fans because you were around when the team was "so bad" during the 60's and 70's. When you have Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton in the same lineup, not to mention the young star in Trout, your expectations tend to be pretty damn high.

Did either of those teams have the same payroll or expectations as the 2013 Angels? The 2003 team was marred by injuries.

I swear some of you guys like to think you are better than other fans because you were around when the team was "so bad" during the 60's and 70's. When you have Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton in the same lineup, not to mention the young star in Trout, your expectations tend to be pretty damn high.

The 80's Angels teams were some of the highest payroll teams in baseball at that time.