• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Give The Season A "Title"

mulwin444

If you were writing a book on the season, what would be your title.  Mine?

"K's and Double-Plays: the Art of Rally-Killing"

I've never witnessed a team kill so many potential rally's with the double-play.  Two straight singles?  No problem, ground ball double play.  Runner at 2b, no outs?  Whatever, line-out and double-off.  It's like a an infection caused by a combination of lack of situational awareness, expanding the hitting-zone, and little runner movement.

As for the K's, there are special players on this team in that regard, especially Trumbo.  Trumbo has talked more to his bat this season than Tom Hanks talked to Wilson on his character's entire stay on that deserted island.  While Josh Hamilton seemed to improve, even against lefties, as the season wore on, Trumbo found more and more empty spots in swing (pitcher: "He swung at one near his eyes?!  I'll add that to the scouting report")

As a team, however, their specialty seemed to be striking out with a runner at 3B with less then two outs.  Hats off the hitters for not bowing to logic and adjusting their approach with 2 strikes in that crucial situation.  Collectively, you truly are trailblazers.

If you were writing a book on the season, what would be your title.  Mine?

"K's and Double-Plays: the Art of Rally-Killing"

I've never witnessed a team kill so many potential rally's with the double-play.  Two straight singles?  No problem, ground ball double play.  Runner at 2b, no outs?  Whatever, line-out and double-off.  It's like a an infection caused by a combination of lack of situational awareness, expanding the hitting-zone, and little runner movement.

As for the K's, there are special players on this team in that regard, especially Trumbo.  Trumbo has talked more to his bat this season than Tom Hanks talked to Wilson on his character's entire stay on that deserted island.  While Josh Hamilton seemed to improve, even against lefties, as the season wore on, Trumbo found more and more empty spots in swing (pitcher: "He swung at one near his eyes?!  I'll add that to the scouting report")

As a team, however, their specialty seemed to be striking out with a runner at 3B with less then two outs.  Hats off the hitters for not bowing to logic and adjusting their approach with 2 strikes in that crucial situation.  Collectively, you truly are trailblazers.

LOL @ the Hanks-Trumbo simile! How true.