• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

• 2 weeks later...

kinda relevant to the topic here:

Boston -- A former pharmaceutical executive accused of joining in a scheme to bribe doctors into prescribing a powerful painkiller once gave a lap dance to a doctor the company was pressuring to get his patients on the drug, her onetime colleague said Tuesday.

Jurors heard the testimony on the second day of the federal trial in Boston against Insys Therapeutics founder John Kapoor and four other former executives. They include Sunrise Lee, whom prosecutors have described as a former exotic dancer who was hired to be a regional sales manager even though she had no experience in the pharmaceutical world.

The executives are charged with conspiring to pay doctors kickbacks in the form of fees for sham speaking events that were billed as opportunities for other physicians to learn about the drug, a highly addictive fentanyl spray. In reality, prosecutors say, the events were mainly social gatherings for doctors and their friends to enjoy a fancy meal.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/insys-therapeutics-exec-sunrise-lee-gave-lap-dance-to-doctor-in-drug-bribes-scheme-witness-says/

Insyssc001-e1548844766415.jpg?w=524

Sunrise Lee, Regional Sales Manager

2 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

Bernie being schooled.......

The problem is the poor job they've done creating systems for the delivery of care.

Ummm yeah, when there's no incentive, shit lags. Look at every tech and ops platform the government uses to provide "services" in this country.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

The problem is the poor job they've done creating systems for the delivery of care.

Ummm yeah, when there's no incentive, shit lags. Look at every tech and ops platform the government uses to provide "services" in this country.

The government saying they are willing to pay for increased access to health care is not going to dramatically increase the number of doctors. Doctors already make a shit ton of money because there just aren't that many of them. The current trend is already to reduce the reliance on doctors and move care onto nurses, which is a recipe for considerably worse care. 

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Obamacare skus, but if Trump is going to completely repeal it (which he could have done 2 years ago ... why is he trying now?), will those with pre-existing conditions be screwed again?

Because songbird McCain is finally dead.

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Obamacare skus, but if Trump is going to completely repeal it (which he could have done 2 years ago ... why is he trying now?), will those with pre-existing conditions be screwed again?

So here's what is happening, in a nutshell:

The tax bill that passed in 2017 removed the tax penalty of the individual mandate (the thing that says you have to have health insurance).

Originally, when the ACA passed, the supreme court said it's only constitutional because the tax penalty of the individual mandate made the whole law a tax, essentially.

With the tax bill change, a federal judge in Texas ruled the ACA unconstitutional since the tax penalty no longer applies.

And here we are, it's going to work its way up to the supreme court and probably be struck down with Roberts joining the liberal side of the bench.

23 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

So here's what is happening, in a nutshell:

The tax bill that passed in 2017 removed the tax penalty of the individual mandate (the thing that says you have to have health insurance).

Originally, when the ACA passed, the supreme court said it's only constitutional because the tax penalty of the individual mandate made the whole law a tax, essentially.

With the tax bill change, a federal judge in Texas ruled the ACA unconstitutional since the tax penalty no longer applies.

And here we are, it's going to work its way up to the supreme court and probably be struck down with Roberts joining the liberal side of the bench.

There was nothing unconstitutional about the law, the debate was always around whether or not the mandate was constitutional or not. Courts ruled it was a tax and thus constitutional. Now that it’s been removed conservatives are arguing that the ACA is not constitutional without the mandate. I haven’t heard any legal justification for that which makes sense aside from the fact that they just don’t like it.

On 3/26/2019 at 2:00 PM, Taylor said:

McCain has been dead for months. Lol @ Trump for not being able to pass conservative legislation with a Republican majority because of one senator.

You have people like Collins and Murkowski in the GOP who also voted no on the repeal in 2017. They're Republicans in name only. They really should change parties to be honest. 

The Republicans had barely a majority for two years. 52-48 after the 2016 elections. The McCain vote was critical to the defeat of the Obamacare repeal proposal. Then the Republicans lost another seat in a special election so the majority was only one senator until the 2018 election.

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

You have people like Collins and Murkowski in the GOP who also voted no on the repeal in 2017. They're Republicans in name only. They really should change parties to be honest. 

The Republicans had barely a majority for two years. 52-48 after the 2016 elections. The McCain vote was critical to the defeat of the Obamacare repeal proposal. Then the Republicans lost another seat in a special election so the majority was only one senator until the 2018 election.

So which is it, do you want politicians who think for themselves or ones that toe he line regardless?

i'm glad the mandate was repealed. calling it a "tax" was a load of horse crap.

in the suggested replacement plans i've seen, cons have done away with allowing pre-existing conditions. that's a tragic mistake that won't fly with most people. too many horror stories out there about people who before ACA couldn't get insurance for that very reason. any republican plan to replace ACA has got to include pre-existing conditions.

21 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Well, when the line happens to be correct...i mean...

At least you're intellectually honest.

It's OK for politicians to compromise and cross party lines ... as long as they're doing so to support something I support. If it's for something I don't support, they're traitors and should switch parties.

20 minutes ago, Taylor said:

At least you're intellectually honest.

It's OK for politicians to compromise and cross party lines ... as long as they're doing so to support something I support. If it's for something I don't support, they're traitors and should switch parties.

I look at policies and everything in politics at an individual level, personally.

I'll be the first one to tell you I despise political parties and would throw a giant party if they were all wiped off the face of the Earth.

The Republicans bitched about Obamacare for a long time and rightfully so with some parts of it.

With all that bitching, were they just bitching to motivate their base or did they have an actual plan in place when they aimed to repeal it? If I remember correctly, the plan they came up with was just as shitty which shows Obamacare was just another talking point and repealing and replacing wasn’t a real effort. Shocking, I know.

Hoping nothing happens to the pre-existing conditions.

4 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I look at policies and everything in politics at an individual level, personally.

I'll be the first one to tell you I despise political parties and would throw a giant party if they were all wiped off the face of the Earth.

You and George Washington. He hated political partisanship and warned about its dangers in his farewell address.