• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Well, It is Time to Predict Scioscia's Postseason Comments

EDinTUSTIN

I was listening to Mason and Ireland and they had one of their reporters on, last name is Fox. Anyway he was in Mike's office with other reporters after the final home game of the season. Fox said something along the lines of, "Have a good off season". Mike replied back, "I'll see you on down the road". Fox, who has been around Scioscia for several years was surprised by this comment and felt like Mike already knows his fate.

Oh "in before, I stopped reading at Mason and Ireland" (obligatory).

I was listening to Mason and Ireland and they had one of their reporters on, last name is Fox. Anyway he was in Mike's office with other reporters after the final home game of the season. Fox said something along the lines of, "Have a good off season". Mike replied back, "I'll see you on down the road". Fox, who has been around Scioscia for several years was surprised by this comment and felt like Mike already knows his fate.

Oh "in before, I stopped reading at Mason and Ireland" (obligatory).

Pete Fox said that scioscia said, 'I'll see you somewhere down the road". Which was wierd to all the reporters since they expected him to say something like "see you guys next season"

I hope Sciosica will be fired, if for no other reason than it will mean the end of these Italian food jokes.  They're about as funny and timely as a Homey the Clown reference, and the only thing missing from them is "Oh yeah, I went there!" added to the end of each one.

"It was important for us to set the tone for the 2013 season coming out of spring training.....I think we did that.  It's just as important to end the year playing the way you would like to start the next season.....I think we are doing just that in Texas."

Glen, on 29 Sept 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

I hope Sciosica will be fired, if for no other reason than it will mean the end of these Italian food jokes. They're about as funny and timely as a Homey the Clown reference, and the only thing missing from them is "Oh yeah, I went there!" added to the end of each one.

Won't matter, the next guy up will get blasted for something ridiculous. He'll walk with a limp, have a pimple above his eye, eat only Asian food, do stupid things. etc.. There is nothing any manager can do or say, short of being on a winning World Series team, that will appease everyone. Managers have to talk, they are kind of the unofficial PR guy for the team. Dipoto isn't going to say anything meaningful, he can hide in his office, and only poke his head out occasionally. Same with Arte, we can go days, weeks, even months without hearing from them or seeing them. The manager gets swarmed every night for quotes (i.e. message board material) as he is an easy and visible target.

stormgt said it best some time ago, managers could get criticized for lots of legitimate things, but it's interesting that a lot of people gravitate to petty stupid stuff, and name calling. Mike's done well to keep his cool publicly, I hope the next guy up can do the same. Having a flaming emotional idiot for a manager is bad news.

Edited by tomsred

Well, I am one of two who post those prediction threads, I have never made reference to, made, or started fat jokes or Italian food jokes. I only stick to the baseball cliches.

"As we get deeper into the offseason, we'll step back and see how some things play out. Guy's will recharge, see where they are at, and get ready to grind."

I hope Sciosica will be fired, if for no other reason than it will mean the end of these Italian food jokes.  They're about as funny and timely as a Homey the Clown reference, and the only thing missing from them is "Oh yeah, I went there!" added to the end of each one.

Homey don't play that!

The next Angels manager is going to make a questionable bullpen decision that costs the team the game and everyone is going to go apeshit. This will continue to happen until managers are replaced by sentient robots who can predict the future.

Or they'll say, "We should have never fired Scioscia!"