• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Homeland, season 3

Tank

Interesting what the "doctor" said to Brody, something like, "wherever you go, people die, but you always survive.  You belong here."  The viewer is left to agree or disagree.  And then the scene goes back and forth between Brody and Carrie, and again the viewer is left to decide whether or not Carrie belongs where she is.  Pretty intense.

I'm so glad that whole mental hospital wasn't just cheesy drama. 

And yes, I second the fact that I'm ready for the stupid Dana storyline to come to an end. Its just completely unnecessary. What the hell is the point? Why do these writers (same ones as 24, right?) need to have a stupid annoying daughter (Kim--Dana). Can't stand the actor who plays Mike, either. Nothing against the character, I just think the actor is very shitty and I cringe every time he delivers a line.

Yup, really liked this episode (with the exception of the scenes with the daughter).

I'll admit that I didn't see this coming and caught me by surprise, but I like that.  Carrie is one tough chick if she was willing to take all the abuse so she could expose the terrorist network.

I think they continue with the daughter/family storyline to keep the female audience engaged.  IMO, I don't know why since the story with Carrie should be sufficient.

Edited by IEAngelfan

It seems that Saul does not want Dar Adal to know anything about the secret arrangement with Carrie, or anything else for that matter. An enemy to be?

I agree that the daughter subplot is unecessary and hard to watch, although I love Jessica's line "leave it to my daughter to fall in love in a psych ward".

Edited by PercySquint

nice to see you post again, percy. you've been missed.

if the daughter's story line ties into all of this somehow with her dad and carrie and national security, okay. but it sure doesn't look like it's going to be connected yet, and it gets tedious.

after hearing what mike discovered about her boyfriend, i wonder if a suicide pact is coming up soon.

I wonder how long ago Carrie and Saul set this up. At the end of second episode, Carrie still seemed pissed at Saul. Saul visited her at the mental hospital and said, "I'm so, so sorry," and Carrie replied with an F you. Why would Carrie say that to Saul when it was just the two of them? Methinks they set up the sting at some point during her stay at the hospital.

I wonder how long ago Carrie and Saul set this up. At the end of second episode, Carrie still seemed pissed at Saul. Saul visited her at the mental hospital and said, "I'm so, so sorry," and Carrie replied with an F you. Why would Carrie say that to Saul when it was just the two of them? Methinks they set up the sting at some point during her stay at the hospital.

I am of the opinion that they set up the sting prior to her going to the papers, and getting admitted to the psych ward.  I think where it went off the rails for Carrie is the length of time she was incarcerated and what she was subjected to.  Saul seems to be of the "whatever it takes, everything is game..for the cause", including the treatment of Carrie.  He even said after she came to his house and was breaking down and "couldn't take anymore", and he replied "Yes you can".  I do believe he cares about her, but that ultimately she is expendable if it helps Saul to his endgame.

you have to wonder where they're taking this story line with the daughter. she's ditched school, they're smoking weed and drinking beer, she helped bust a guy out of rehab, they're sleeping together, they stole her mom's car and traded it for a crappy toyota, and now she's on the run with a guy who may or may not have a death wish. 

how does this make the story of her father the traitor better?

Also something I found odd is Brody's wife is pregnant in real life and you can clearly tell in the show she's like 6+ months pregnant.

Just find that kind of funny. You can tell they're really trying hard not to show her stomach, but you can see the bump in a few scenes.

Edited by Poozy

Also something I found odd is Brodys wife is pregnant in real life and you can clearly tell in the show she's like 6+ months pregnant.

Just find that kind of funny. You can tell they're really trying hard not to show her stomach, but you can see the bump in a few scenes.

Yeah, I read about that before the season started so I've purposely looked for signs of her pregnancy.

They shot most of her scenes from her chest up or her back is facing the camera.  Where there is a full frontal body scene, her blouses are loose, but you can see her bump.  When she's sitting, she'll place her large purse in front of her stomach.

Dana suicidal tendencies come naturally. Probably won't be a vest like her dad had but she will have a cause. Love? Daddy issues? Surprised no one made that connection before. Was obvious to me when they were at his brothers grave that he was involved some how with his death.

With the money trail being inVenuzuela there has to be a connection to Brodie being unable to leave, yes? The bad guys know who he is and that he has a 10 million dollar bounty on his head. Something bigger is in th works here.

Wow I have no recall of writing that post last night. Must have been after my meds. Saul seems to be manipulating Carrie now. Carrie is on her meds and yet is still a bit crazed. So apparently Saul is the leak. As long as her name doesn't come out there no real damage to her career. Something still feels disjointed tho. Can't put my finger on it but something still doesn't quite fit. Still must be a big reveal coming.

I did like the speech he gave at the lodge.  Sarcasm done right although probably not the best career move.

yeah, that could have been a career ender - still might be, who knows. it's interesting that brody, the central character in seasons 1 and 2, has only been in one episode so far. interested to see where they go with him. i'm guessing that the financial muslim chick finding info leading to that shady iranian group hiding in venezuela is going to lead to brody sooner or later.

any thoughts about the daughter and the boyfriend ending their escape? what happens to her now? 

have to imagine mom is headed for a mental breakdown at some point - married to a hero turned terrorist who was having an affair with a cia agent, then after an attack that he may or may not have carried out, their daughter attempts suicide, fails, then runs off with a murderous guy she met in rehab.

To be honest, I really don't care too much about the daughter.  The less time they spend on her, the better.  I simply find her story boring, even with the wacko boyfriend.

Based on next week's preview, It looks like the story with Carrie and the Iranian is looking interesting.

As for Brody, I agree with you.  I want them to visit his story again to explain what's going on with him.  Where is he and what is he doing?  What is the agency doing to try to to track and capture him?   

looks like maybe the daughter situation has taken care of itself. thank goodness.

that iranian is cold-blooded. the murder of his ex was brutal.

has anyone else wondered about the muslim financial chick helping saul? previews make it look like she either becomes an ally to the iranian or she might be an assassin sent to silence him. i know that's a lot to pick up from seeing her grab a pair of scissors, but this might be a really interesting twist.

I think she's going to try and kill the Iranian. You could tell she was upset by his presence in the safe house.

I'm getting kind of annoyed by some of the big reveals contradicting earlier scenes. Carrie was genuinely shocked by Saul's testimony to the Senate before the audience found out they had planned this big operation. Now you have Carrie's pregnancy after she was just committed to a mental institution where they would have undoubtedly tested for that sort of thing. They need to clean up the writing a bit.