• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Johnny Hellweg made history for the Brewers

jshep

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/26/johnny-hellweg-posts-worst-kbb-ratio-in-over-30-years/

Worst K/BB ratio in at least 30 innings since Mike Morgan in 1979.

Hellweg put up a borderline mindboggling 9/26 K/BB ratio.

That's not a typo. 9 strikeouts, 26 walks in 30 innings.

Also hit 8 batters and threw 4 wild pitches in those 30 innings.

Edited by jshep

I don't think it's fair to write a guy off after 30 innings no matter how bad. Just like it's not fair to ridicule Dipoto for a hot start from Segura. Hellweg is better than his 30 innings. Does that make him a serviceable major league reliever? I'd be more inclined to look at his minor league numbers to give me that answer.

"but the Brewers risked injury to to every hitter he faced when they put him on the mound this season."

Brings new meaning to "effectively wild."  Defeat the other team through fear of bodily harm.

"i'm nolan ryan, and i approve this message."