• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: His fate may be unclear, but GM Jerry Dipoto plans for Angels' future

AngelsWin.com

There's plenty of room for criticism on the big league roster (no kidding), but my concern with canning JD is the effect on the rest of the organizational work he has done. Do all the people he brought on board follow him out? Those were hires and moves that may not pay dividends for years, and I'd hate for that to die on the vine because of Joe Blanton and Albert's foot.

And, of course, who's going to want the job after what's happened here?

you know like most of us, I love Chuck Richter and all he's done for us at Angelswin.com........ but CHUCKLES.......come on, EVERY ONE HERE MOANED when we signed Blanton.

EVERY ONE thought we WAY over-paid and for TOO LONG...........MANY thought he would be a bust.

The Hanson signing was really seen as nothing more than a flyer that might pay off and might not..........I don't think anyone expected Hanson to wind up at AAA in July/ August.

as for DiPoto -- not sure who made the decision (am sure it wasn't Scioscia because it is contrary to his style of ball) but the shift of the Halos from a pitching/ defensive emphasis team to a offensive minded team sure flopped big time.

Of course the clash in philosophies between DiPoto (a former pitcher but offense minded guy) vs. Scioscia (NL small ball guy all the way, pitching, defense and the running game) probably didn't help and then, of course, the injuries.........but go tell that to Billy Beane up the road a bit.

Well, this is the FA class at 3rd base:

Yuniesky Betancourt (32)

Wilson Betemit (32) - $3.2MM vesting option

Jamey Carroll (40) - $2MM club option with a $250K buyout

Eric Chavez (36)

Mark DeRosa (39) - $750K club option with a $25K buyout

Jerry Hairston Jr. (38)

Brandon Inge (37)

Placido Polanco (38)

Mark Reynolds (30)

Juan Uribe (34)

Kevin Youkilis (35)

Michael Young (37)

Wow. That sucks.

My wet dream would be for the Rays, Indians, and Halos to win Saturday and eliminate Texas, and then Blanton pitches Sunday and is left in to pitch an 8 inning CG and allow 15 runs!

Serves him right for sucking so bad!

Why would you want to see Blanton pitch 8 innings?  Are you afraid you might run out of material this off season?

you know like most of us, I love Chuck Richter and all he's done for us at Angelswin.com........ but CHUCKLES.......come on, EVERY ONE HERE MOANED when we signed Blanton.

EVERY ONE thought we WAY over-paid and for TOO LONG...........MANY thought he would be a bust.

The Hanson signing was really seen as nothing more than a flyer that might pay off and might not..........I don't think anyone expected Hanson to wind up at AAA in July/ August.

as for DiPoto -- not sure who made the decision (am sure it wasn't Scioscia because it is contrary to his style of ball) but the shift of the Halos from a pitching/ defensive emphasis team to a offensive minded team sure flopped big time.

Of course the clash in philosophies between DiPoto (a former pitcher but offense minded guy) vs. Scioscia (NL small ball guy all the way, pitching, defense and the running game) probably didn't help and then, of course, the injuries.........but go tell that to Billy Beane up the road a bit.

This shift occurred long before DiPoto was here. I'd say it goes back to the start of the Reagins era and the advent of the 'win now' philosophy. 

Well I don't think Scioscia will be back, I also think Arte is a smart man that will learn to intervene less.

I doubt it. He has been the owner for what 10 years now and seems to just be intervening more and more. It is his team and his money so I doubt he will let anyone tell him what to do with his team. I for one won't be purchasing tickets, Angels gear from this owner until I see him and this organization turn around and stop screwing over the fans. 

the thought of Blanton pitching a 15 runs Complete Game .........LOL!!!

aside from the fact that Sunday's game is going to be real important to Cleveland, Tampa Bay and Texas...........even if we were playing Houston, it wouldn't happen.

the fact that Sunday's game is going to be very meaningful in the wild card playoff race may prevent one normal characteristic of these 'final' game of season games.......the normal slow pace of the average baseball game speeds up significantly as players bust their butt to get out of there and get started with their off-season activities........

I doubt it. He has been the owner for what 10 years now and seems to just be intervening more and more. It is his team and his money so I doubt he will let anyone tell him what to do with his team. I for one won't be purchasing tickets, Angels gear from this owner until I see him and this organization turn around and stop screwing over the fans.

Lol at screwing over fans.

Even though they've made some very dumb decisions these last few years, they're at least trying. The Marlins are screwing over the fans, the Angels are just incompetent.