• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 Ducks vs. Kings Stadium Series Game

HaloCory22

Thank gawd I was saved from over-spending for this game, by having to go play the Dirtbags Alumni Game...  It would be nice to go to, but I went to the first-ever outdoor game with some pals way back so I'm at peace with it and will be happy to watch it at the bar.

Hope everybody who's going doesn't freeze to death out there in the elements.

I'm not going. I don't care if it's outdoors and "once in a lifetime". For a regular season game, I can justify paying 5-7 times more than I normally pay for one game at Staples with my season seats. I was hoping the prices would drop below 90 on Stubhub, so the scaplers would learn their lesson.. but it never went lower than 110. *Shrug*

With that said, I'm already jealous and annoyed with all the Stadium Series pictures plastered all over my facebook. But hey, what can ya do?

Can we get a report from someone who attended the Dodger Stadium game?  How were the sight lines?  I imagine the atmosphere was great but am wondering if you ended up watching most of the game on the big screen because you couldn't see the action from your seats........?

What was the smaller rink around the infield? Looks like a pool --- was it a practice skate rink or something?

Kings scoring woes continue -- get shut out at Dodger Stadium........Hiller strikes 'em out, walks none........

The sight lines were just fine for me. I was on the loge section just left of center ice. It wasn't as far out as I thought it would be. I walked around the stadium level to see the views from different perspectives. Being behind the goals probably was the best overall view. The game was actually on a slight delay on the big screens so that really wasn't an option for viewing. A few times I was saying "who the hell is on the ice?" but then quickly was able to pick up their numbers. The entire opening ceremony was awesome though. Bob and Vin narrating it and the teams walking in side by side from the outfield. Unbelievable.  The little rink on top of home plate was a roller rink kids were playing during the intermission. I honestly think if you were sitting anywhere besides the field level it was a good sight. Even the OF seats were still high enough to get a decent view. I really hope they bring it back next year or soon. Take it to Angel Stadium or the Rose Bowl/Coliseum. The place was PACKED. People were worried about it not selling out but it did. It was loud, fun, and just a totally unique experience. 

What was the smaller rink around the infield? Looks like a pool --- was it a practice skate rink or something?

The one around home plate was supposed to be an inline staking rink.  But when I saw it used on the tube, it looked like they were going the lazy uncoordinated route, and it was kids with hockey sticks running around.