• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's everyone so uptight about?

Trout will NOT sign an early extension. There's absolutely no reason to. It's a terrible business move. If he continues to put up the numbers that he does, he will command the most money that's ever been given to a baseball player. He knows that, his agent knows that, Arte knows that. And, by the time he's eligible for free agency, a lot of money will have come off the books or will come off within 1 or 2 years of his mega deal. So, the money will be there. And, I know Arte will be 100% willing to give Trout what he wants. He really can't afford not to have him on the team.

Right about now, all we need to do is enjoy the show. Cause, there is a .001% chance that Trout will play for another team other than the Angels.

Except you are wrong TGoR in your premise that he has no reason to sign an extension. The threat of injury is real. If he gets hurt next year while making a couple million next year with nothing guaranteed after that, he will never be able to make up what he could have had. Career altering injuries happen often enough to make it a real concern, even for a generational talent like Trout. I heard an interview with an Agent earlier this season and he said that no agent would turn down a $150 million contract if it were offered to Trout this season. Now granted this was before he repeated last years performance, but $100 million contracts aren't something you scoff at this early in anyone's career. I do agree that Arte has proven to us that he is willing to spend the money on what he considers to be the right player, and there is no way in hell he doesn't think that Trout is that player.

If Trout waits until FA, he will be 26. Say he signs for 10/300 at 26. What happens when he's 36 and a free agent? What if he is in decline then? What happens if he can't even come close to getting the money he was getting before?

If he signs a 7- or 8-year deal now, he'll be 29-30 when that expires, enabling him to sign a second monster contract (10/300-350...the same one or even bigger than he can get if he waits until he's 26). And that would take him to 40...right to retirement.

Trout would be stupid to wait until free agency. He would be pretty smart to actually sign a monster contract now, while also giving himself the chance to sign a second monster contract while he's still in his prime. Sign a big 7-8 year deal now, then a huge 10-year one afterwards.

Besides that, signing a contract now also guarantees him big, big money. A lot can happen in 4 years. Players can get injured (ask Grady Sizemore). Smart move for him would be to sign now.

If the Angels don't lock him up now or within a year, they're a bunch of idiots. 

Lol wow, to say that Longoria and Tulo "couldn't his jock" is an overstatement. Those two are both perennial all star's and MVP candidates. Trout is in his own class, but those two aren't just any scrubs you're making them out to be.

Edited by SoWhat

Trout would be smart to sign now if he's gets a fair shake. Angels hold most the chips at the moment and should use them to their advantage with Trout. I would not overpay him at this junction in his career. His productions numbers are very strong but not enough to carry a offense by himself. You don't need Mike Trout to win a championship but you want him in your lineup everyday.

He's one guy on a 25 man roster. You need all 25 to win a championship ... this isn't wrestling :P

If I had a choice between Trout and Greinke for one year ... hmmm

Trout would be smart to sign now if he's gets a fair shake. Angels hold most the chips at the moment and should use them to their advantage with Trout. I would not overpay him at this junction in his career. His productions numbers are very strong but not enough to carry a offense by himself. You don't need Mike Trout to win a championship but you want him in your lineup everyday.

He's one guy on a 25 man roster. You need all 25 to win a championship ... this isn't wrestling :P

If I had a choice between Trout and Greinke for one year ... hmmm

You should really lay off the crack cocaine. Keep trolling pimp. I liked you better in your old, variety avatar days..... that was your most useful contribution.

You should really lay off the crack cocaine. Keep trolling pimp. I liked you better in your old, variety avatar days..... that was your most useful contribution.

Your idea of trolling is if somebody shares a different view from you. As a long time Angel fan and season ticket holder I'm looking for a winning ball club. Trout is easily the best position player on the team.

but if you dangled a 'Ace' type pitcher for one year only ... I might have to consider it at least. Trout would be my long term choice.