• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bud Selig is retiring

Stradling

Bud Selig is leaving the game of baseball in much the same condition Dubya and Cheney left the country.  There's no one in the world that could actually undo the sheer volume of damage that Selig has done to the sport of baseball.

The Commissionership ought to go to someone outside of baseball, neither an owner nor a player/coach. Someone who is a clear fan of the game itself first and foremost, who's decisions will be based on what is best for the sport of baseball and not what is in the best financial interests of ownership.

I don't care for Selig either, but he hasn't done that much damage to the sport. The only issues I have with him are that he and the owners turned a blind eye to steroids and the stupid All Star game deciding the home field advantage in the World Series. Both of those could be resolved in the first year of the new commissioner. If I was commissioner I would market the players a hell of a lot more than has been done already. When ARod is the number one name in the sports then there is something wrong.

Bud Selig is leaving the game of baseball in much the same condition Dubya and Cheney left the country.  There's no one in the world that could actually undo the sheer volume of damage that Selig has done to the sport of baseball.

The Commissionership ought to go to someone outside of baseball, neither an owner nor a player/coach. Someone who is a clear fan of the game itself first and foremost, who's decisions will be based on what is best for the sport of baseball and not what is in the best financial interests of ownership.

time to dust off the ol' resume. thanks for your support, eric. i won't forget you once i'm elected.

I wonder who he will hand pick for his replacement. I'd take Joe Torre but that's unlikely.

Why would you want Torre?  He is another Selig clone.

We need someone fresh that won't stick to the same old BS.  Someone hard on steroids and willing to embrace replay.