• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto: 'No interest' in trading Mike Trout

fan_since79

The article is right, it doesn't behoove either side to do a deal. Trout wants to increase his value, the Angels have a contract, club control, and want to see more than two years on a players resume before throwing out a possible record contract.

I don't think anything happens until about arbitration.

The idea of a trade is nonsense and just fodder for talk radio and message boards.

I agree with those who don't think the Angels need to try to extend him this offseason; however the dude deserves a HUGE raise.  He needs to be shown respect and they need to make up for last years insulting raise.

How much do you think he should/will get?

If you want until he gets his arbitration you lose a huge incentive for Trout to sign the extension.  Our leverage with him is now.  We wait, we lose all leverage and everything will depend on Trout wanting to stay here permanently.

It's not so much that he will be cheaper, as that he will likely continue to be an Angel beyond his six contractually obligated seasons.

Trout needs to continue putting up all time great numbers to get that huge contract while the Angels can offer him whatever salary they want, but just for one more year. After next year Mike will likely get the highest one year contract ever awarded to a first year arbitration eligible player - he wont get that big contract yet, but he'll still be set for life. Once he gets those millions he has little incentive to take a below market deal from the Angels before reaching free agency.

EXACTLY

So are you saying he will take a below market deal now if the Angels act fast?

Yes he will because he knows there is no guarantee on what well happen in four years.  The Angels has leverage with Trout and we can give him a huge incentive to sign with us long term.  If we wait, we lose that leverage.

He should get a decent raise this season. He proved that his rookie campaign wasn't a fluke. The Angels were playing it safe and smart. Now is the time to open the pocket book and give the kid a raise. Wait it out another year before we try and lock him up long term though.

It makes no sense to give him a raise.  Sign the long term extension, that should be his raise!  Do you really think on the eve of free agency Trout will care that the Angels gave him a raise?  NO, he will care if they offer him a long term contract now.  

The article is right, it doesn't behoove either side to do a deal. Trout wants to increase his value, the Angels have a contract, club control, and want to see more than two years on a players resume before throwing out a possible record contract.

I don't think anything happens until about arbitration.

The idea of a trade is nonsense and just fodder for talk radio and message boards.

Anyone who doesn't want the angels to sign Trout to a long term extension secretly wants the guy to walk when he is a free agent.

What are you, a prophet?

I think reasonable people see it on both sides and what's vest for each situation to make a long deal work.

I don't get this world is going to blow up mentality if he isn't signed after his second year in the league.

It makes no sense to up a guys contract exponentially when you have him for six years on the cheap. Plenty of time and room for both sides to workout a deal. It's not do or die this offseason.

The day Trout leaves is the day I stop becoming an Angels fan.

You can call me a fair weather fan but I have followed the team since 1981 and you do not let a talent like this get away.

The level of incompetence that would allow him to leave as a free agent would be too much to bear as a fan.

I stuck through the 90's, I'm sure I can make it if Trout leaves some how.

If he becomes better than Babe Ruth than we have to hear that the rest of our lives. If he becomes another Ken Griffey Jr. that was tracked how Trout is now, then we talk about how cool it was he was here.

I can't see us being dumb enough to trade him. We are also a big market club so we should make a reasonable offer to retain him when the time comes.

I hope they lock him up for the rest of his career, but seeing what you can get for him is intriguing.

Are they going to get two or more players of the same caliber? If not, how is that intriguing? Why is it even talked about? Many are already saying that he is the best all-around position player in baseball. He should be as untouchable as untouchable can get.

I stuck through the 90's, I'm sure I can make it if Trout leaves some how.

If he becomes better than Babe Ruth than we have to hear that the rest of our lives. If he becomes another Ken Griffey Jr. that was tracked how Trout is now, then we talk about how cool it was he was here.

I can't see us being dumb enough to trade him. We are also a big market club so we should make a reasonable offer to retain him when the time comes.

Well, we are a big market club when it comes to signing washed up and once great veterans. Not so with good, young talent.

I fully expect Trout to be packaged with Scioscia this offseason to the Dodgers for Crawford and Beckett. It gives us a five tool player in Crawford, and that legitimate ace, with a post season resume, that can pitch in big games. Plus I am pretty sure they are both over 30, and you know how appealing that is to Arte. Oh, I forgot to start by saying, "In before someone says........