• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cano Wants 10/$305

YouthofToday

You folks need to take a look at the Yankee team next year.  It is almost completely depleted - Grandy is a FA, as is RC.  Jeter is almost done, A-Rod has a monster suspension, CC looks done, Pettitte is done, Kuroda is a FA, Moe is gone, Hughes and Nova are crap.  It goes on and on.  It will be Tex and Wells.  Tex's wife won't like that.

One sportswriter/commentator Mike Lupica has entertained the thought that the Steinbrenner kids will sell the team.  And it is easier to sell a team with a smaller payroll.

You folks need to take a look at the Yankee team next year.  It is almost completely depleted - Grandy is a FA, as is RC.  Jeter is almost done, A-Rod has a monster suspension, CC looks done, Pettitte is done, Kuroda is a FA, Moe is gone, Hughes and Nova are crap.  It goes on and on.  It will be Tex and Wells.  Tex's wife won't like that.

One sportswriter/commentator Mike Lupica has entertained the thought that the Steinbrenner kids will sell the team.  And it is easier to sell a team with a smaller payroll.

The Yankees need him more than any other team does.  They'll get him. 

I would be amazed if he got much more than half of that.

He won't get a ten-year contract for starters. He is 31 years old now, and a middle infielder with only a moderate amount of pop and not the kind of guy who can carry an offense. We have probably already seen his peak years. He wouldn't get $30M even on a one-year deal, much less as an average salary for the next decade.

No harm in asking, though.

I think it would be reckless for a club to expect much production from Cano after the age of 36. 2B at that age don't have a track record of stat production. I doubt Cano's bat plays at a 1st division starter level at a corner spot then too.

Say he averages 6 WAR from his age 32-36 season. That is generous. That is basically $150 million of production.

I expect he probably lands a 6-7 year deal between $140-$175 million.

For the record my gut tells me Cano is going to massively underperform in his next contract period. Dunno why, just a feeling.

Edited by YouthofToday