• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Credit card closed

So yesterday I used my credit card, only to have it denied. I call the credit company only to find out my account is closed. They told me I called and cancelled it, however they have no record of the date. I told them I wanted the account reopened as I never closed the account. However they said I have to reapply. This means on my credit report, it will show that I closed the account, then reopened. So now my longest credit account has been deleted, from no fault of my own. I told them not to bother, I am leaving the account closed. Have you guys ever run into this problem?

Same thing happened to me when I was 19 and jobless.  All because I forgot to pay them for a couple months.  Bastards.

In reality if you haven't used it for a long time some companies will close cards due to inactivity.  Or maybe you have a split personality and he called in and closed it.  No matter what they should have a record of how it was closed.  Pull your credit report and make sure your credit hasn't been hijacked.

I did check my credit report and everything is fine. I do use the card several times a month a for a few hundred dollars. I pay it off at the end of the month as well. Maybe they closed it because I never let interest accrue.

They won't close your account because of not accruing interest.  They could close it because of inactivity, however (even though that isn't your situation)

It was a best buy mastercard. It is HSBC bank.

Best Buy's credit just got bought out by Chase.  I don't know if anything has been done yet between the two.  But my guess is, something got fraked because of this.  

Edit:

Incorrectly stated above.  Best Buy was on HSBC, then went to Capital One, and a few days ago, was sold to Citigroup.  

Capital One sells Best Buy credit card portfolio to Citigroup

Thats terrible. Any thing that happens to affect your credit that you didn't do is not right and there should be a way to fix it.

I pay mine off every month and have for a long time. Never have to pay interest. One of the companies raised my interest rate and when I called they told me it was because they don't make any money off me. Weird, but true.

Thats terrible. Any thing that happens to affect your credit that you didn't do is not right and there should be a way to fix it.

I pay mine off every month and have for a long time. Never have to pay interest. One of the companies raised my interest rate and when I called they told me it was because they don't make any money off me. Weird, but true.

Which is stupid.  Because Credit Card companies make 2%+ off every transaction you make.  2%, even if you pay it off every month, is 24% annually they make in their pocket.    

• 8 months later...