• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brawl in Brewers-Braves game

Brent Maguire

I don't support the actions of anyone involved in the whole thing, but

I would have laughed very, very hard if in response to McCann's tough guy standing on the baseline bullshit, Gomez had dropped his shoulder and bowled him over.

I thought the same thing. Gomez is too big of a skirt to do such things.

So, you're saying a good teammate to you would stay in the bullpen continuing to drink his latte instead of backing you up?

Don't get me wrong here, the whole thing was just an avalanche of idiocy, but you've gotta stand-up for your teammate. Even the Brewers who were embarrassed by Gomez' actions, had to back him up. They did so by coming-out of the dug-out and dragging him to safety.

You're being silly (or you don't have a memory) if you don't think similar things don't go on in pro-basketball and football...

Where did I say anything about good or bad teammates?

It's a waste of time and they don't do anything when they are on the field. They spend more time walking back to he bullpen than doing anything worthwhile.

As I said above just suspend them like they do in the NHL. And maybe you can refresh my memory as any incident I can remember had suspension repercussions.

When bullpen players do more than show up late and just stand around the outside of everything then I'll validate sticking up for their team.

Where did I say anything about good or bad teammates?

It's a waste of time and they don't do anything when they are on the field. They spend more time walking back to he bullpen than doing anything worthwhile.

As I said above just suspend them like they do in the NHL. And maybe you can refresh my memory as any incident I can remember had suspension repercussions.

When bullpen players do more than show up late and just stand around the outside of everything then I'll validate sticking up for their team.

You obviously don't understand the team concept, and I won't waste any more time trying to prove the history of suspensions and fines for stupid bench-clearing incidents.  Players have been ostracized for not leaving the trainers-table to come-out and back-up their teammates.  As stupid as it is for the bullpens to come running-in while basically holding-hands with each other, they'd hear about it if they didn't show-up.

Maybe when one of your teammates gets jumped on the ice, or they run your goalie over you'll understand... or maybe just skate to your bench to avoid conflict.

You obviously don't understand the team concept, and I won't waste any more time trying to prove the history of suspensions and fines for stupid bench-clearing incidents. Players have been ostracized for not leaving the trainers-table to come-out and back-up their teammates. As stupid as it is for the bullpens to come running-in while basically holding-hands with each other, they'd hear about it if they didn't show-up.

Maybe when one of your teammates gets jumped on the ice, or they run your goalie over you'll understand... or maybe just skate to your bench to avoid conflict.

No.

Aside from them being pussies I said MLB should suspend players that come out so there is no questionable toughness or character.

You obviously don't play hockey. If there is a scuffle on the ice you get involved. If two players are going at it you don't jump on the ice from the bench like a bullpen player does. It's an automatic 10 game suspension like the Sabres/Maple Leafs game the other day.

The player is out 10 games, pay, and hurts his team, but is cool in your book.

i applaud mccann for standing in his way. 

is this gomez the same tool that yapped at weaver in that detroit game a couple of years ago? or was that a guillen? if it's the same guy, i hope he gets drilled regularly over the final weekend.

No.

Aside from them being pussies I said MLB should suspend players that come out so there is no questionable toughness or character.

You obviously don't play hockey. If there is a scuffle on the ice you get involved. If two players are going at it you don't jump on the ice from the bench like a bullpen player does. It's an automatic 10 game suspension like the Sabres/Maple Leafs game the other day.

The player is out 10 games, pay, and hurts his team, but is cool in your book.

Yeah; check your memory.  You and I have had the hockey-discussion, but I've only been playing hockey (even some College-level way back) for over twenty years.  When one of theirs jumps the boards, you better go too.  That's all I'm saying- When the benches clear, you better go too.  I don't think I ever said it was "cool," but your memory/attention to details like reading-into messages here, is yours alone.