• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brawl in Brewers-Braves game

Brent Maguire

Screw that noise.

In both of the instances you mention these players could have just, oh I dunno, ACTED LIKE PROFESSIONAL ADULTS instead of little wienie kids with poor sportsmanlike attitudes.

Far fetched for some of you to fathom, I know.

I love how you left out the last part of my post which started with "In all seriousness..." Way to take something out of context to make your point.  

Not to mention, if you actually read my post correctly you would know I would agree with your reply. Epic comprehension failure. 

Edited by James

Gomez made them do it!  It's all his fault. 

Why does anything have to be done to him?  Something about being the bigger man and walking away from a conflict.  This isn't "Coward of the County" territory here, nothing had to be done.

The whole concept of a fight or brawl over looking at a homerun is beyond stupid. You don't see NFL players or NBA players fighting because of celebrations or end zone dances. This "unwritten rule" of staring down homeruns is stupid as is beaming someone for hitting a bomb off you.

As for the bullpen, suspend the players like the NHL and NBA if they leave the bench. Obviously dugout players are fine as it's one player versus nine, but the bullpen players just convulute the situation and their presence isn't needed.

I dont know how you can possibly defend any of these morons.Freeman escalated it by barking back at him, he and Gomez acted like idiots the entire time. McCann blocking the basepath acting like he was going to fight, which we all know was silly posturing, was beyond ignorant. Supporting the action of any of these tools is a joke. They all should be embarrassed.

Edited by James

The most surprising part of this that Gomez isn't on the redfux. McCann stood there because Gomez had no choice but to come to him. He was barking at freeman and maholm as he was running away from them. McCann was causing some continuation of the confrontation and maybe should have been run from the game as well. I am glad he wasn't tho. Hard tobe a mind reader but I think Gomez talks shit even if he grounds out. Look at Gomez on the first pitch, he was looking to have a confrontation after fouling off the first pitch.

and even then, its not even really a run. Its like when your boss walks into the break room and people suddenly get up and pretend they were already going back to work.

Good analogy.

Nothing says tough like a brisk jog to the infield followed by standing around the outskirts of a scuffle.

So, you're saying a good teammate to you would stay in the bullpen continuing to drink his latte instead of backing you up?

Don't get me wrong here, the whole thing was just an avalanche of idiocy, but you've gotta stand-up for your teammate.  Even the Brewers who were embarrassed by Gomez' actions, had to back him up.  They did so by coming-out of the dug-out and dragging him to safety.

You're being silly (or you don't have a memory) if you don't think similar things don't go on in pro-basketball and football...