• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brawl in Brewers-Braves game

Brent Maguire

If you dont want someone to show you up, dont give up a home run. (ya know the same philosophy many have in regard to the DBacks getting upset about the Doyers jumping in the pool).

Screw that noise.

In both of the instances you mention these players could have just, oh I dunno, ACTED LIKE PROFESSIONAL ADULTS instead of little wienie kids with poor sportsmanlike attitudes.

Far fetched for some of you to fathom, I know.

Gomez acted like a douche on pcp...  He and Maholm have a history of hits and beans, but that was way out of control.  You wanna show-up the pitcher, fine.  Stand there and admire your handiwork, flip the bat, do a Sosa-jump, etc.  But then it's over.  If you want to take-on the rest of his team, run your mouth to everybody as you run the bases.

Great job, McCann!  Showed he's the new leader of the Braves.

I definitely saw the video. Gomez watched his HR for a good 8 seconds like a douchebag. Then Freeman cried like a baby and yelled at him. Then Maholm started to cry. Then McCann stood in front of home plate and sobbed like his milk got spilled. Very professional by everyone involved.

Braves were pissed because Gomez was acting like a child running around the bases. Not because he stared at a HR.

I definitely saw the video. Gomez watched his HR for a good 8 seconds like a douchebag. Then Freeman cried like a baby and yelled at him. Then Maholm started to cry. Then McCann stood in front of home plate and sobbed like his milk got spilled. Very professional by everyone involved.

What do you have passion for?  What do you consider standing-up for?

The benches cleared because Gomez was running his mouth around the bases egging on the whole team. If he just kept his mouth shut, at most he would have worn one at his next AB.

And if the Braves shut theirs, the same would also be true.

Both parties acted like children here.

One of the gayest things in sports is when the bullpen runs in the field.

Agree. Why this hasn't been addressed by MLB is beyond me. I understand why the guys in the dugout will run out to defend their batter up against an entire IF.  But a bullpen player should be fined/suspended just for stepping foot toward the scuffle.

I actually thought it was a breath of fresh air for McCann to physically stand between Gomez and home plate after that cruise around the bases where he was showboating and mouthing off like a complete douchebag. It was disrespectful not only to the Braves, but to the game of baseball. And refusing to let Gomez touch the plate basically said "That's not how you play baseball, especially not on my home field, and unfortunately you're not getting to the plate unless you get through me first."

And I have no problem with that.

But a bullpen player should be fined/suspended just for stepping foot toward the scuffle.

lol what

Probably the dumbest statement in this thread.

This isn't the NHL, and fights don't break out in nearly the same way. And just because the bullpen comes running doesn't mean they're there to make things worse.

MLB is not going to suspend players just for clearing benches during a scuffle whether its the dugout or bullpen. That's dumb.

And that's why your statement is dumb.

This isn't the NHL, and fights don't break out in nearly the same way. And just because the bullpen comes running doesn't mean they're there to make things worse.

MLB is not going to suspend players just for clearing benches during a scuffle whether its the dugout or bullpen. That's dumb.

And that's why your statement is dumb.

So how are a bunch of players running to the scuffle going to make things better?

And you are acting childish. If you can't discuss differing opinions like an adult, then you should go elsewhere.

So how are a bunch of players running to the scuffle going to make things better?

BY SPLITTING UP THE PLAYERS THAT ARE FIGHTING JUST LIKE THE BENCHES DO WHEN THEY CLEAR

You can't just hand out suspensions for clearing benches! Sorry! That makes no sense!

And you are acting childish.

Right. This from the guy who quoted and agrees with the "gay" statement made at the top of this thread. But I'm the one acting childish. Get real.