• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Congressman Ted Cruz trying to break into acting?

If the government is shut down, who is going to spy on me, waste my money and treat me with contempt?

I don't know, but I will tell you this:

You're an idiot for buying me tickets to all three of the remaining Angels-Rangers games in Arlington this weekend.

...and don't even bother trying to get angry about any of this. That's the last thing you need to be worried about while you're wearing those Zubaz pants you decided to grab from the closet this morning. Also, what's with the Dodgers hat?

Edited by RallyMo

I don't know, but I will tell you this:

You're an idiot for buying me tickets to all three of the remaining Angels-Rangers games in Arlington this weekend.

...and don't even bother trying to get angry about any of this. That's the last thing you need to be worried about while you're wearing those Zubaz pants you decided to grab from the closet this morning. Also, what's with the Dodgers hat?

Not even in the same league as arch stanton's reply. 

Cruz has become a sad parody of himself. Here is an excerpt from his filibuster on the Senate floor, in which he voices an opinion of Jesus Christ that I have certainly never heard taught before:

“What we have here is our core values as Americans and Christians slipping away into this facade where we should take care of our poor, sick, and disabled. It is disheartening to know that the nation our forefathers built is no longer of importance to our president and his Democratic counterparts. Not only that, we are falling away from core Christian values. I don't know about you, but I believe in the Jesus who died to save himself, not enable lazy followers to be dependent on him. He didn't walk around all willy nilly just passing out free health care to those who were sick, or food to those who were hungry, or clothes to those in need. No, he said get up, brush yourself off, go into town and get a job, and as he hung on the cross he said,”I died so that I may live in eternity with my Father. If you want to join us you can die for yourself and your own sins. What do I look like, your savior or something?” That's the Jesus I want to see brought back into our core values as a nation. That's why we need to repeal Obamacare.”

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

There is a reason why Cruz and some of the other deadenders have turned the volume up to 12...because the ACA is ultimately going to work. It is flawed, no doubt. There are some significant concerns, absolutely...but it is a start to reforming the ridiculous health care system that the US had. The amount of money spent, compared to the care provided and the number of people uncovered is absolutely embarrassing.

The initial plans/costs are coming out, and they are LESS than projected according to the CBO. Premiums before tax credits will be more than 16 percent lower than projected.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/2013/MarketplacePremiums/ib_marketplace_premiums.cfm

Provisions like allowing children to stay, disallowing preexisting coverage limitations and lifetime maximums, closing the Part D loophole...are popular. Starting soon millions without coverage will be able to get quality, affordable, healthcare. People will have the freedom to change jobs and start businesses because they won't have to worry about losing their healthcare coverage. Families who currently can't get insurance, or afford insurance, won't have to spend every waking moment panicked that a catastrophic health related issue won't send them to bankruptcy...because now they can.

http://www.balloon-juice.com/2013/09/26/im-being-oppressed-and-made-better-off/

Perfect? By no means...in a functioning government we'd look at the legislation and make the fixes required, some small, some large.

The folks who say...throw it all away, start over...that's just downright ignorance, no other word for it. Since Truman's time there have been efforts to reform healthcare, and it's failed repeatedly. If this fails, there is nothing...absolutely nothing to replace it in he next couple of decades. Look what it took to get ACA in place. Hell, this was the Republican healthcare plan back in the 70's and 80's. This was the healthcare plan of the Republican nominee before he was the nominee...this was the plan endorsed by folks like Jim DeMint in the past. Why is it toxic now? Why do you have clowns like Ted Cruz pretending to filibuster a bill he pushed the house to pass? Why do you have Republicans comparing this to Nazi Germany?

Because, even with it's flaws, even with it's issues...deep down their biggest fear isn't that Obamacare will destroy the country...but that it will work.

I have to admit that I might warm to this, IF we find a way to keep insurance companies from their reign of terror. 

But one can only begin to imagine how many politicians' pockets the insurance companies are in. 

OC Register article today talked about how Germany's gov't run health insurance has improved a lot without having insurance companies controlling things. 

Edited by Angel Oracle