• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Article in la times about trout's future

m0nkey

"“It's about time to start looking for a house,” Trout said. “I'm trying to see what direction my career takes me. Do I want to buy a house out here or some other place?”

“Mike is going to play hard, let the chips fall where they may and not look too far down road,” said Jeff Trout, Mike's father. “We just want him to get paid what he's worth.”

---------

No "home town" discount coming.

I think it will be very difficult to keep Trout.  There are a couple reasons.

First he is from the east coast and it is likely that the Yankees will be in a position to give him tons of money, Boston is another team that may be looking for a franchise player in a few years.  You also never know with Philly and Washington.

The second is, while he has been here, the Angels haven't won.  That could all change in the next few years but for right now if I were picking a team that would be a big problem.

This is all speculation of course.  The best thing to do would be to lock him up now on one of those 10 year deals.  That is if he is willing.

"“It's about time to start looking for a house,” Trout said. “I'm trying to see what direction my career takes me. Do I want to buy a house out here or some other place?”

“Mike is going to play hard, let the chips fall where they may and not look too far down road,” said Jeff Trout, Mike's father. “We just want him to get paid what he's worth.”

---------

No "home town" discount coming.

I blame the inflated cost of beach property in California.