• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FanGraphs: Robert Coello’s Fastball Is Thankful For His Forkleball

ettin

Article on Coello's Forkball: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/robert-coellos-fastball-is-thankful-for-his-forkleball/

I really think that Coello has a great shot in a late inning bullpen role next season. Although I see him more in a 7th or 8th inning setup role he could even be a closer-type in a pinch.

It really feels like we are a trade and free agent signing away from having a much better and reliable bullpen.

The bullpen isn't horrible right now and I agree, it isn't too far away from being good (although I doubt we'll see the pen we got used to from around 2003-2009).  You can't count on Burnett to be back and healthy and you have to let Jepsen go, but after that...De La Rosa and Coello have potential, Frieiri is a good closer if we don't get anybody else, Braiser has looked good in limited exposure.  I agree, a couple of additions to the pen and we'll be set.

Of course, we said that last year and got Burnett and Madson.  So who knows.

Coello should be part of the pen next year. He was dominant in every appearance except for his last 2 before the shoulder injury, which probably had something to do with that. He provides a really different look, which is needed badly. Frieri, De La Rosa, Burnett, and Coello should be the only BP arms we keep going forward. Sign a legit closer like Balfour and one more lefty like Javier Lopez.

Balfour

Frieri

De La Rosa

Lopez

Burnett

Coello

Now that looks pretty sexy.

Edited by SoWhat

Coello should be part of the pen next year. He was dominant in every appearance except for his last 2 before the shoulder injury, which probably had something to do with that. He provides a really different look, which is needed badly. Frieri, De La Rosa, Burnett, and Coello should be the only BP arms we keep going forward. Sign a legit closer like Balfour and one more lefty like Javier Lopez.

Balfour

Frieri

De La Rosa

Lopez

Burnett

Coello

Now that looks pretty sexy.

This is why I think he would be good in a 7th or 8th inning role. There are times where the opponent's offense gets locked in against our starters and having him come on earlier in relief could really shake a batter's confidence when he sees what looks like a fastball suddenly has a massive downward break.