• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Quick Offseason Checklist

Hubs

Masahiro Tanaka should be the main priority this offseason, I think he's a must sign. 

I think everyone here would like to sign Tanaka. I just wonder if Arte wants to fork out what could add up to $100 million+ to get it done. I think he will assign a responsible budget for the GM to work with and let his baseball people do their jobs.  

I wouldn't mind them seeing them sign Eric Chavez to play 3b.  Solid defensively.  can platoon some with the younger Rhers

Tanaka is the key.  If he's legit and they can get him, it changes the whole process.   There aren't any options that fit as well into the need profile.  Apparently, they have money. 

It would be great to fill your biggest and potentially most costly need without having to sacrifice any players in return. 

I think they'd like to hold onto Trumbo and Bourjos, but that's going to be problematic. As Hamilton, Pujols, and of course Trout will take three of the five OF/DH/1B spots….

They seem to like Shuck, but with everyone healthy I don't think he plays. I like Calhoun, but does that mean one of the above has to be traded to get him in there? 

One of the answers is to move one of them to third, but that's defensively a problem. Trumbo was awful there. Pujols can't really play 3rd anymore, though I suppose it could be possible he plays a few games at the hot corner. Not likely though. 

Green has pretty much played 2nd because Kendrick had been out. 

Lots of re-organizing to do

I think they'd like to hold onto Trumbo and Bourjos, but that's going to be problematic. As Hamilton, Pujols, and of course Trout will take three of the five OF/DH/1B spots….

They seem to like Shuck, but with everyone healthy I don't think he plays. I like Calhoun, but does that mean one of the above has to be traded to get him in there?

One of the answers is to move one of them to third, but that's defensively a problem. Trumbo was awful there. Pujols can't really play 3rd anymore, though I suppose it could be possible he plays a few games at the hot corner. Not likely though.

Green has pretty much played 2nd because Kendrick had been out.

Lots of re-organizing to do

Shipping Trumbo for a 3B and a RP would help fix two problems. Then Hamilton could DH and rotate into the outfield when Pujols needs a break away from 1B. I think they can also work Calhoun into a 1B / OF type. They can deal Shuck or PB with a choice of Green, Nelson or Lucho for another SP. They could try and re-sign Morales who played 31 games at 1B this season and only commited 1 error. With Pujols returning healthy I'm not so sure that Trumbo wants to be a 27 year old DH.