• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Any Mumford & Sons fans here?

Agalloch

If you haven't seen the Avett Brothers live, you are in for a really good time. I have been listening to them for years and have seen them play a lot. Might be one of the better live acts.

Last time, my hipster wife and I took our hipster son for his 5th birthday. Only thing that sucked about it was there were no bike racks for our Fixies.

If you are local to Orange County, you should look into Langhorne Slim at the Detroit Bar. Tickets are $12 or there about. He does a crazy good show.

leIDA.gif

I dabble at the banjo myself so it's not like he annoys me because he plays banjo, I just have a feeling that he started out playing in the band like most banjo players do, just standing there and playing. Banjo players no matter what genre are easily the most non-performance performers out there. They stand there, play, and people enjoy it. But the way this dude, "sways" his hips as if he's grooving to his banjo playing gives me epic douche chills and makes me truly believe some loser American record executive got them all in a room and was like, "listen guys, you're all great, but your Americana/pop style is a bit boring to the average American that watches you on stage. What I'm going to need is for you paino player guy to really get into the 4 notes you're playing in a song and slam down on the keys like Jerry Lee Lewis. And you banjo player, I want you to get into it, I want you to feel it, I want you to be the Elvis of the banjo!" And I get the feeling that the banjo player was like, "uhhh....sure whatever you want mr. record executive."

At least that's how it plays out in my head.

If you haven't seen the Avett Brothers live, you are in for a really good time. I have been listening to them for years and have seen them play a lot. Might be one of the better live acts.

Last time, my hipster wife and I took our hipster son for his 5th birthday. Only thing that sucked about it was there were no bike racks for our Fixies.

If you are local to Orange County, you should look into Langhorne Slim at the Detroit Bar. Tickets are $12 or there about. He does a crazy good show.

I have been listening to them for awhile and missed them the last time they went through here. When I saw they were playing the Shrine I made it a must go show. I have their concert dvd, I am prepared for a great show. Man, I havent been to the Detroit Bar in years. I will check it out, thanks for the suggestion. 

Saw Every Time I Die at Detroit Bar once. Great show.

Nice. They kill it live.

One of my favorite shows involved them:

Every Time I Die

From First to Last (minus Sonny who was just starting his Skrillex dealio)

The Bled

August Burns Red

Human Abstract.....didn't really like them much.

Nice. They kill it live.

One of my favorite shows involved them:

Every Time I Die

From First to Last (minus Sonny who was just starting his Skrillex dealio)

The Bled

August Burns Red

Human Abstract.....didn't really like them much.

Where was that show?

Only other time I saw them was in 2006 at the Avalon:

Bleeding Through

Every Time I Die

Between The Buried And Me

Haste The Day