• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

it is good to know that through 150 games, Scioscia still likes to take the bat

stevestevens

@wboor: "Looking for a base hit to win the game I don't think you want to sit back and always have Mike try to split the gap or hit a HR." Scioscia

He'd rather give away an out and have Hamilton face a LHP to try to win the game.

This makes no sense. Did he really say this? I was cringing when he had Howie bunt which would not only give away an out, but take the bat away from your best hitter. And this is his reasoning?

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

Was at the game and when I saw this happen me and my dad looked at eachother like "Is Scioscia insane?"

@wboor: "Looking for a base hit to win the game I don't think you want to sit back and always have Mike try to split the gap or hit a HR." Scioscia

But you're OK with making Iannetta have to split the gap or hit a HR?? WTH??

Holy hell Mike. All we needed was a home run. A freaking home run, and Trout is more than capable of hitting one.

AND YOU TOOK THE BAT OUT OF THE HANDS OF ONE OF THE LEAGUES BEST HITTERS! There's no excuse for that.

Stop being so freaking thick headed and recognize the situation instead of screwing the team over.

Even if we made the playoffs the fat man would figure out some way to screw it up.

Get rid of this guy.

It's ridiculous.

Edited by CaliAngel

If Scioscia actually believes what he said here rather than just trying to save face, It's hard to have any faith in his decision making skills.  If this scenario:

Give up out + LHP vs. Hamilton > rely on best player in baseball to get an XBH

somehow makes sense in his mind, then he's definitely losing it.  

It's almost as if Scioscia was sitting in the dugout thinking "ya know, things have been going pretty well for this team lately and people seem to have momentarily forgotten my propensity for boneheaded, counter-intuitive in-game decision-making.  Let's give 'em a little reminder."

Almost.

He'd rather give away an out and have Hamilton face a LHP to try to win the game.

I have to assume Scioscia is just trolling there, because he just said we don't want to give our best hitter a chance to, you know, hit.  That's just ****ing stupid.  So yeah, he has to be trolling,  Has to be.

It's almost as if Scioscia was sitting in the dugout thinking "ya know, things have been going pretty well for this team lately and people seem to have momentarily forgotten my propensity for boneheaded, counter-intuitive in-game decision-making.  Let's give 'em a little reminder."

Almost.

It's almost as if Scioscia was thinking, "ya know, it's late in the game and Trout frequently sucks late in the game so..."