• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fantasy help thread

I have a feeling after the interview today that Rodgers may play this weekend....or not and things are a lot easier. If he does though:

Rodgers vs. PIT

Cutler vs. PHI

May still be an easy pick as Cutler shook off the rust, has the weapons, a must win game, and potential shoot out versus another team that needs to win. Rodgers will have that little rust, but a must win game, and a weaker defense.

I am in the semifinals of a league I have lost the championship game in the past two years - primarily because my starting QBs were rested by their teams to prepare for the playoffs. I had a bye last week - when Jamaal Charles went nuts and netted 51 points. I would have scored 143 had I been playing last week, which likely would have been enough to advance against pretty much anyone I would have faced.

My dilemma this week: Larry Fitzgerald vs. Greg Jennings. Fitzgerald is suffering the effects of a concussion, and he still has to pass another neurological test on Friday to be cleared to play. He is also facing Seattle, the best team in the NFC. If he isn't cleared to play then there is no decision. Jennings is in an offense that seems to have found itself, and he is getting a lot of targets.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Jennings easy. Doubt Fitz plays and he has been super inconsistent. Jennings is really starting to heat up. Last week was huge

Appreciate it. That is the way I have my lineup set already, but I was waffling on going through with it. I also don't trust Carson Palmer to get Fitgerald the ball with any regularity even if he were totally healthy.

One thing that will help during the playoffs this year: My two horses are Peyton Manning and Jamaal Charles. The Broncos and Chiefs are in a battle for the division that is likely to go all the way to the end. My worst nightmare would be Denver sitting Manning and/or KC sitting Charles just as I am going into the league championship game. My backup QB is Andrew Luck, who has been all over the place; I have only started him once, on Manning's bye week. If I had to replace Charles it would be in a flex spot (my other RBs are Frank Gore and DeMarco Murray, both of whom are on the list to start). It would be with one of Delanie Walker (Tenn TE), Fitzgerald, Marlon Brown (Bal WR) or Rod Streater (Oak WR).

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Jennings is the easy choice.  Your league has its Super Bowl in week 17?  I didn't think anyone did that anymore.

Apparently this one does. I had a bye in the playoffs last week (and wasted a 143-point performance in the process). Manning will probably throw for 100 yards and nine picks this week.

Here is my Super Bowl lineup for one of my leagues.  Starters in bold. 

QB:  Kaepernick, Romo, McCown

RB:  Charles, Lacy, Murray, Le'Veon Bell, Vereen

WR:  Megatron, AJ Green, K. Allen, Fitzgerald

TE:  Julius Thomas

K:    Dan Bailey

D:   Panthers, Cardinals

My only indecision was over which RB to start opposite Charles.  Also, saw that Calvin Johnson is questionable today.  Makes me nervous.  I'll be watching around noon for an update and might switch to Keenan Allen.

Edited by HaloEnglebertHumperdink

Had the 2nd pick in an 8-team league.  Took Charles.  Everyone went RB heavy (plus Manning and Brees) in the first two rounds and all of the WR's were left for me at 15 and 18, so I went Megatron and Green.  Took flyers on rookies (Lacy, Bell) and Murray in the next 3-4 rounds.  Boom!  Championship!

An interesting wrinkle in my 10-team league is that we have a playoff draft.  After the NFL regular season is over, we draft 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 D from the NFL playoff teams.  No head to head, just accumulate points.  As each NFL team loses, you lose any players you drafted from that team.  So strategically, you want good players but need to consider strength of team and, to a degree, how far you believe a team will go.  $500 dollar pot split between top 3 finishers ($250/$150/$100).  Nice for teams that didn't do well in regular season to give potential to win some money.