• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fantasy help thread

Johnson has the biggest potential for a big game, provided he's healthy enough to be somewhere near 100 percent. Johnson is a game time decision, so you are running a risk if you start him. Fitzgerald has been limited in practice all week with a hamstring, and he's going against the 49ers with a less-than-ideal QB throwing him the ball. I have Fitzgerald in an autopicked league and I face that dilemma every week. Allen seems to be getting a bigger chunk of catches every week. I would probably start Allen of the three, given the uncertainty of the injury status of the first two.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

AJ Green is my other WR.  If I didn't have a great third option I'd likely start Megatron without thinking.  But these guys are human and he is dealing with a knee injury that shelved him two weeks ago and got him just a couple of catches last week.  Now he is going against a D he would find challenging if he was 100%, but he's not.  I think I'm going with Allen.

Why anyone would entertain the idea of benching the best WR in football is beyond me. Talk about micromanaging.

I always start my studs unless injury gets factored in.  I don't usually care about matchups.  I bench Megatron last week for Keenan Allen and that worked out great, but Megatron was in worse shape last week.  I think he is recovering well and I shouldn't have any decision to make moving forward.

Really feeling good about this team right now:

QB's:  Romo and Kaepernick

RB's:  Charles, Murray, Lacy, CJ2k, LeVeon Bell

WR's:  Megatron, AJ Green, Fitz, Allen

TE:    Julius Thomas

K:       Who cares

D:      Panthers

There are probably 5 WRs that I would start no matter what as long as they suit up. Megatron is one of them. In fact, he's the best of them.

I can live with Megatron not performing in my starting lineup. I can't live with him going off on my bench.

I just didn't believe he was fully healthy. I've yet to sit him in my leagues, but he has acted as a decoy the last few weeks and been useless. I had Calvin and Green in the AW league today and killed it. Oh, and had Douglas too

I always start my studs unless injury gets factored in.  I don't usually care about matchups.

This is what I do with the elite players I have (i. e., Peyton Manning in one league and Adrian Peterson in another). Problem with Peterson is that the Vikings' QBs have been so awful that teams are beginning to jam up the run and dare them to throw, so his numbers are off. Still, it's hard to ignore the potential of him breaking off an 80-yard run for a TD even if he has been bottled up most of the day.

One of my real problems is what to do with Maurice Jones-Drew week to week. Jacksonville is absolutely dreadful offensively, and the chance of him finding the end zone in a given week - or having meaningful yardage either running or receiving - is minimal.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I thought Spiller was going to go off this year and he has done nothing. I'm glad I never had a chance to grab him because I would have. Jackson has looked great.

MJD is no frustrating. I had him a couple years ago and Jax would have it on the 3 yard line on first down and would pass 3 downs in a row and not get in. It would freaking drive me insane

That's what happened last year for me with Stafford. Some of these fantasy nerds with stats had some ridiculous number of WRs getting tackled inside the five that really hurt.

What sucks is I wanted Charles and was surprised he was going to be available since I had second to last pick. The asshole in front of me times out (who the **** times out on the first selection?) and we did a live draft and the commish makes him take Charles. I thought I'd still be good with Spiller but he's been garbage.

Having the second to last pick, by about the 3rd or 4th round I made sure to start grabbing the best players everywhere else and win matchups. I went WR heavy this year, but steals and value. I think next year I'm going WR heavy early with a solid QB. RB has been garbage, but the point disparity between QBs is small enough to grab someone like Romo or Flacco later and still do well. I'm lucky to have had Seattle D last year and KC D this year, but the points from that slot has been such a boost both years and the difference.

In my smaller league I had the #2 pick and took Charles.  When it came back to me RB's were gone so I went Megatron and then AJ Green.  Started stockpiling RB's with potential (Lacy, Murray, L. Bell), which has worked pretty well.  Didn't draft a QB until later and wound up with Romo and Kaep.  Seems like there are huge bust every year in the first round.  Just gotta have some luck sidestepping the landmines.

As far as this week goes, Jimmy Graham looks like he'll suit up and give it a go on his foot (fighting some sort of plantar fascia tear, not good).  I have Jordan Reed on my bench and am strongly thinking I should run with him.  Thoughts?  Freaking injuries every damn week!