• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This will be a good team next year

then you are not thinking clearly. Jaded by the sour taste this season has left.

If the Royals barely miss the playoff or even slump slightly to finish off the season and end up around .500, should they trade Alex Gordon in the offseason for a high end pitching prospect currently in AA.

Successful organization set themselves up for the long haul while balancing that with a current window of opportunity. We shouldn't ignore the possibility that we could still win in 2014. It's all about balance

If they can find a reasonably replacement, which shouldn't be hard at LF, then yes, yes they should.

Pass on Ubaldo Jimenez, the guy has always had control issues, and a 5.00 ERA in 2011/2012.

Even with the solid ERA in 2013 (mid 3.00s), he's still walked 76 in 162 innings and has a 1.37 WHIP.

Most of all, he puts incredible torque on his wrist on the backside of his delivery.   That can't be good in the long run as he hits 30 next season.

How much, including rights fee, will it truly take to sign Tanaka?   No players nor draft picks are lost.

No way the Angels go for Tanaka.  The rights fees alone can get them some RP and more.  They also sent no scouts to look at him.

So you really think a rotation of Hanson and Blanton was good?  I knew it wasn't good for the get go and did not have high expectations on this year team  I hate it when people call this a underachieving season because it wasn't.  Dipoto gambled and lost.  Fact is the pitching staff wasn't good and wasn't deep and we faced injuries.  Just take a look at how they played the last 20+ games!  That was how the team is supposed to play without giving up 40% of their games before the first pitch (Blanton and Hanson) and rest of the staff is healthy.

No, it was terrible. Yes, Hanson and Blanton were a big reason for the collapse - and the choice to keep pitching them over and over again - particularly Blanton. It was an underachievement, though. I don't know how it could be called anything else? We will have to see how Arte views it I suppose. If either, or both, Dipoto and Sosh are gone we will know what Arte thought about their achievement.

If they can find a reasonably replacement, which shouldn't be hard at LF, then yes, yes they should.

Why wouldn't they trade him for a big league starter that can produce now?

When do you stop trading your everyday players who provide value at the major league level for guys that won't for a couple of years?

Why wouldn't they trade him for a big league starter that can produce now?

When do you stop trading your everyday players who provide value at the major league level for guys that won't for a couple of years?

Potentially never, the Rays never do. It's about buying low and selling high -- especially if "it is not my money" and payroll restrictions loom.

LF is the easiest position to find a Marlon Byrd type to fill. If the price is right no player should ever be untouchable.

He's not, but if the Angels don't sign him that creates another hole in the rotation. I think if they sign Vargas and keep him as the number 4, they can then target a number 3 and a young prospect with a ton of upside to be in AAA and fill in when someone goes down.

if they don't re-sign Vargas, then that's 2 starters (at least) who are of the some quality (at least) and a young pitcher to fill the 6th spot that they will need to get this offseason.

I'm willing to bet Vargas will stay with the Angels for something like 3/33, and I would be perfectly happy with that.

Exactly, right where we were last year. Scrambling for SP's when what we really need is an overhaul of the bullpen. Hopefully Vargas plays well with others and excepts his true worth.

...Offernse:  I expect big things from an offense with Trout, a healthy Pujols, a Hamilton with a bounce back year, a consistent power threat in Trumbo, Howie, and a promising up-and-comer in Calhoun. 

Lotsa dialog about pitching, rightly so.  I wouldn't be so quick to skim over the offense part.  Trout, the centerpiece...given Scioscia (if he's still filling out lineup cards next year) doesn't replace him in the 3rd slot with the old, overweight 240 hitter.  Speaking of which, "a healthy Pujols" (if that's possible) will be another year older...the jury is still out on this one.

And Hamilton, still nearly an automatic out against LHP (.190), striking out every 3 times at the plate.  So the "bounce back year" must overcome the condition that he alone may be responsible for keeping a gaggle of lefty relievers employed in the AL next year.

The good news, as illustrated of late, is some of the youngins, Calhoun, Shuck, Conger, are bringing it, so perhaps the offense won't be dependent on the aging megacontracts.

I would seriously consider limiting Hamilton to about 130 games in 2014, and utilize a righty bat in his spot vs. the tougher lefties in the other 32 games.

I sure hope that Pujols' knee and foot are finally 100% by ST, and he can finally get back at least to his 2011 numbers. 

Edited by Angel Oracle