• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Wilson on Calhoun

nate

Gotta love Calhoun. Got to meet him in 2011 after a 66ers game. He went 3-4 with a monster 3-run homer to win the game. He had the biggest smile on his face after that game. Like a kid who just won a lifetime supply of candy. He is someone who truly loves this game. I'm glad we got him and I'm so stoked that he is succeeding in the show.

1. Trout CF

2. Calhoun LF

3. Pujols 1B

4. Hamilton RF

5. Trumbo DH

6. Aybar SS

7. Conger C

8. Green 2B

9. Jimenez 3B (Until Lindsey/Yarby come up)

Kendrick/Bourjos traded for SP/Bullpem arms. 

Grant Green can't play 2B.  Any future where he is our everyday 2B worries me.  Just about every defensive metric out there paints him as awful, which is pretty much in line with what the eye tests are showing IMO.  

Dude is stiff and gives up on plays far too easily IMO.  I also hope Trumbo is traded.  His current hot streak is nice, the weak OBP and 3 months disappearing act every year has grown old.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I guess by "on paper" CJ just means stature wise and not statistics wise. Kole Calhoun is a solid ball player, statistically. And for me he is exactly what this team needs as far as OBP, plate discipline, etc.

His career major league numbers so far are a realistic guess for what he could do. .276/.345/454. With all the hackers in this lineup is there any reason he shouldn't be batting leadoff?

Edited by eaterfan